Suddenlink Reverses Sub Loss
- Time to dump costly parental leave scheme. HAWKE, ALEX // Institute of Public Affairs Review;May2013, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p32
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including television subscriptions, the multichannel video programming distributor (MVPD) and data allocation.
- US television under the gun as old models falter. // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/25/2015, p27
The article reports on the declining pay television (TV) subscriptions recorded by TV programming companies in the U.S. in 2015.
- IN BRIEF. // B&T Magazine;8/17/2012, Vol. 62 Issue 2773, p09
The article offers several news briefs related to advertising from Australia as of August 17, 2012 including resignation of Matt Buchanan, director from Pulse Communications, increase in advertising revenues of pay TV and fall in radio advertising revenue.
- 'Super Subscribers': The Big Disruptors. MASON, RODNEY // Multichannel News;6/29/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p47
The article discusses the research "Super subscribers: Disrupting the subscription services model," which explored how consumers choose and use various subscription services including the streaming entertainment, Internet, mobile phone and cable television (TV) plans.
- DATAMONITOR: NDS Group Ltd. // NDS Group Ltd SWOT Analysis;Feb2011, p1
A company profile of NDS Group Ltd., a private company engaged in supplying open digital technology and services to digital pay television (pay-TV) platform operators and content providers, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information,...
- Volia quits Crimea; services continue via third party. // Russian Telecom;Jun2014, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the decision of Ukraine cable company Volia to discontinue directly operating its television and Internet services in the breakaway Crimean region effective July 1, 2014.
- Premiere plunge precipitous. Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;10/7/2008, Vol. 406 Issue 43, p5
The article reports on the declining economic and business performance of Premiere, a German-paid television (TV) group in the entertainment industries in Germany in 2008. The October 6 data of the company shows continuous downturn, as shares fell another 31% to $4.30 per share value. In...
- DirecTV subs jump; '09 growth revised. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/8/2009, Vol. 409 Issue 36, p4
The article reports that satellite television company, DirecTV Inc. has added 460,000 net new users as its subscribers. As stated, this is the biggest quarterly U.S. user gain in four years but the company has posted a lower quarterly profit. Management of the company also raised its 2009 U.S....
- Slicing the pie. DINGLE, SIMON // Finweek;3/31/2011 Top200 Supplement, p105
The article presents information on growth and financial performance of media companies in South Africa. In the pay television sector MultiChoice Africa Pty. Ltd. came up against competition in the form of newly launched TopTV. Naspers, the parent company of MultiChoice increased its stake in...