First Clicks for Canoe Ads
- The Death Knell for ITV Ads? // Multichannel News;2/27/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p39
In this article, the author comments on Canoe Ventures LLC's decision to end its interactive television (ITV) advertising business in the U.S. and its implications to the industry.
- ADDRESSABLE ADS ARE HERE; WHO'S READY? Hampp, Andrew // Advertising Age;4/13/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 13, p9
The article focuses on the television advertising technology firm Canoe Ventures, a joint venture of the leading U.S. cable television operating systems. The company is introducing a platform which will create interactive television advertising for video dial tone channels for cable television...
- Agencies and brands join forces to support Band Aid. Stones, John // Marketing Week;12/2/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p6
The article informs that Automotives brand Mercedes, watch brand Seiko and Channel 4, ITV and MTV are donating Christmas advertising spots to support Band Aid 20. The ads recreate scenes from the film Sexy Beast, and show Kingsley acting in the character of Don Logan to encourage people to...
- Honda joins zip TV interactive ad consortium. // New Media Age;11/6/2003, p3
Focuses on the Zip TV consortium formed by interactive TV agency Zip Television in Great Britain as of November 2003. Companies involved in the consortium; Efforts of Honda to drive down the cost of interactive TV advertising.
- Cable Leaders Pilot Targeted Ads. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;6/10/2008, p2
The article reports on the launch by cable operators of New York City-based Canoe Ventures in an attempt to revolutionize cable television (TV) advertising, audience measurement, and interactivity. The startup will begin operations with $150 million from investors Comcast, Time Warner Cable,...
- The Big Number. // Hollywood Reporter;7/25/2014, Vol. 420 Issue 25, p37
The article reports that NBC Universal has gained 2.52 billion dollars in advertising sales in 2013.
- Why 'advanced' TV ads haven't spawned a marketing utopia. CREAMER, MATTHEW // Advertising Age;4/16/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 16, p18
The article examines targeting of television advertising in which advertising is presented to specific audiences of television viewing through so-called narrowcasting. The failure of Canoe Ventures, a company financed by cable television companies to create a platform for targeted advertising,...
- Canoe Rows Ahead With Fewer Oars. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;8/26/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p4
The article presents information on an advertising technology company Canoe Ventures LLC which discontinued its interactive advertising and launched dynamic ad insertion for Video on Demand (VOD) advertising.
- ABC, NBC bring close to complicated upfront. // Advertising Age;8/5/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 28, p3
The article reports that the ABC Television Network and broadcasting company NBC Universal have completed their sales of television advertising during the upfront advanced sales period for the 2013-2104 television season.