Uproar Over Google's Wi-Fi Data Harvest
- Temp Worker Is Accused of Insider Trading. // American Banker;3/15/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 51, p28
Reports on the accusation that a temporary worker at Goldman Sachs & Co. and Credit Suisse First Boston passed on confidential information to friends and investors on an Internet chat room. Details of the case, according to United States federal investigators.
- Google deal put under scrutiny. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/3/2010, Issue 2925, p14
The article reports that the U.S. government has ordered for an inquiry into Google Inc.'s purchase of travel technology provider ITA Software which the former bought for 700 millions dollars.
- US investigating Google over Search. // Flare (Pakistan);8/15/2011, p67
The article reports on the probe launched by legislators to investigate the profitable and lucrative advertising and search business of Google Inc. in Washington.
- Doctors of Interrogation. Marks, Jonathan H. // Hastings Center Report;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p17
Focuses on the involvement of physicians in governmental investigations. Contours of physician participation in interrogation; Protections that the Geneva Conventions give to detainees; Principle of medical ethics adopted by the United Nation General Assembly; Risks of participating in an...
- Technology to Keep e-Discovery Efforts Smooth. Jaeger, Jaclyn // Compliance Week;Apr2009, Vol. 6 Issue 63, p66
The article presents suggestions for managing electronic legal documents of a company. Some of the suggestions include determining what electronic documents will be examined during a government investigation or lawsuit and determining when a litigation hold should be implemented on relevant...
- Investigating the investigators. // Accountancy;Jul1990, Vol. 106 Issue 1163, p43
The article cites key recommendations from the exhaustive report entitled 'Company Investigations' in Great Britain in 1990. Among the key recommendations of the report is that auditors should have a statutory obligation to disclose confidential information to supervisory authorities in Great...
- Mid Staffs nurses will have their identities protected by inquiry. Dean, Erin // Nursing Standard;12/1/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p7
Ward sisters and staff nurses will have their identities protected when they give evidence to the Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust public inquiry.
- HILLICON VALLEY. // Hill;5/25/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 58, p26
The article reports on the move nonprofit Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) to call for a federal investigation of Google Inc.'s privacy violations related to Street View product in the U.S.
- Google Faces Anti-Trust Probes in India. // India -- West;11/22/2013, Vol. 39 Issue 1, pB11
The article informs that the Internet firm Google Inc. is facing anti-trust probe for alleged anti-competitive practices by fair trade regulators in India, Europe and Brazil.