Cable Gets Some Love In Customer Survey
- Expensive entertainment. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/2/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 54, p16A
The article focuses on the increase of Cablevision Systems Corp.'s cable rates. It is stated that the company was increasing its cable rates by 4.7%, which caused a collective groan from consumers. However, the company retorted that they are forced to increase its services because the...
- Major change in the air as India rolls out new rules for cable. Iyengar, Pradeep // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;5/5/2006, p14
The article presents information on new rules for the cable and satellite television industry in India. Following a ruling by the Delhi High Court, the Central Government of India will now enforce rules that allow viewers to choose which channels they wish to pay for in Delhi, Calcutta and...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Off the Hook. // Multichannel News;9/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p3
The article reports that the cable television company Cablevision Systems Corp. had topped the annual residential telephone customer satisfaction survey conducted by the research firm J.D. Power and Associates in the U.S.
- Beta. // CableFAX Daily;10/12/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 198, p3
The article reports on the results of a digital cable subscriber survey conducted by Beta in the U.S. as of October 12, 2005. Lifetime Movie Net has ranked by respondents among their favorite digital basic networks. Comcast subscribers have chosen Fox Movie Channel as their favorite digital...
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.