Storm Front: Dish, Weather In Spat
- VERTIKAL INTEGRATION. Vaucher, Andrea R. // Daily Variety;2/6/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 49, p8
Reports the production agreement between M6 and Vertikal Entertainment in Paris, France. Statement of Edouard de Vesinne, head of M6 drama regarding the television co-production agreement entity; Company profile of Vertikal; Television projects of Vertikal.
- Fox Biz adds Gotham heft. LEVINE, STUART // Daily Variety;11/20/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 35, p6
The article reports on the contract signed by the Fox Business Network, a television network, and Cablevision Systems Corp. for carriage in the New York Metropolitan Area. The contract will enable Fox Business to compete with firms such as CNBC television network in New York, New Jersey and...
- WVVH-TV joins resort network. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/24/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 26, p6A
Reports on the agreement of WVVH-TV to become an affiliate of RSN, a network that provides programming to resorts in the U.S. Responsibility of WVVH-TV under the contract; Right to obtain new content targeting younger viewers; Advantage that RSN will get from the deal.
- The CW Starts To Court Affiliates. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;2/20/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p3
Reports that The CW Network has began negotiations with potential affiliate television stations. Proposal of The CW to its prospective affiliates concerning television programming and advertising; Plans of station owners for their stations as an alternative to the proposal of The CW.
- DEALS. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p48
The article focuses on several deals in the television (TV) industry of the U.S. It notes the value of the deal between TV network WWAY and Morris Multimedia Inc. It mentions the deal between TV networks in Texas and Entravision Holdings LLC. The article also details the deal between KTZT TV...
- TVB SET TO CRACK CHINA. Hansen, Jeremy // Variety;05/14/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 13, p70
Speculates on the rebroadcasting agreement between government-owned station CCTV in China and Hong Kong channel TVB. Significance of the deal for TVB; Operations of TVB.
- Antena 3 pacts on SPT movies. De Pablos, Emiliano // Daily Variety;3/9/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 47, p5
The article reports on the three-year contract signed by Sony Pictures Television Inc. with Spanish commercial network Antenna 3, wherein the latter has been given the rights to air half of the films released theatrically by Sony in 2009-2011 including "Angels and Demons," "The Tourist," and...
- Bidding war may deprive fans of England's glory. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;9/6/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p19
Reports the performance of ITV 1 on the national sport write off in England. Joint bidding between ITV 1 and BBC on the football tournament; Value of the bidding; Negotiations between ITV 1 and BBC by events.
- IFC boosting subs by at least 5 mil. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;05/08/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 49, p15
Reports the cable-carriage agreements of Chuck Dolan's Independent Film Channel with Time Warner Cable, Adelphia Communications and Paul Allen's Charter Communications in the United States.