Conan Brings 'Very Funny' Shtick to Turner's Upfront
- O'Brien off and running on 'Tonight' Kissell, Rick // Variety;6/15/2009, Vol. 415 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on an aspect of the U.S. television ratings for the period June 1-5, 2009. The central focus of the article is the initial success of Conan O'Brien, who has taken over the late night television talk program the "Tonight Show," from Jay Leno, a comedian who was host of the...
- IT'S NEVER TOO LATE FOR LENO. Learmonth, Michael // Variety;7/23/2007, Vol. 407 Issue 9, p15
The article reports on possible strategies open to NBC to retain its primacy in late night television and to retain the services of comedian Jay Leno when he leaves "The Tonight Show" in 2009. Also discussed is the succession of Conan O'Brien to the host job on the talk show and the options open...
- 30 ROCK. // NW;12/31/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 53, p83
The article reviews the television program "30 Rock."
- MORNING GLORY. Clehane, Diane // Daily Variety;4/25/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 17, pA14
The article focuses on the top three morning news talk shows in the U.S. National Broadcasting Corp.'s "Today" is on top with 5.73 million total viewers. Harry Smith, Julie Chen and Hannah Storm share the title of co-anchor in CBS Broadcasting Inc.'s "The Early Show." Times Square locale and...
- Conan the replaceable? Adalian, Josef // Variety;7/23/2007, Vol. 407 Issue 9, p15
The article discusses replacements for Conan O'Brien, host of a late night talk show program on the NBC network. Possible replacements for O'Brien, who is thought to be moving to take over "The Tonight Show" in 2009, are said to include Jimmy Fallon, Dane Cook, a personality from "The Daily...
- Young auds the prize for Lopez, TBS. Levine, Stuart // Variety;11/2/2009, Vol. 416 Issue 12, p22
The article reports on the November 9, 2009 debut of a U.S. late night talk television program starring comedian George Lopez. The central focus of the article is that Lopez, a Latino, is the first person of color to host such a show. Among other issues the article examines programming for...
- Loco for Coco. ELDREDGE, R. // Atlanta;Dec2013, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p38
The article focuses on the show of Turner Broadcasting Systems Inc. (TBS) host Conan O'Brien held at the Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta, Georgia.
- 'Funny' thing happening at TBS. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;5/29/2009, Vol. 409 Issue 50, p6
The article reports that Turner Broadcasting System Inc. (TBS) will be shooting 10 episodes of the television program "The Very Funny Show," during the upcoming Chicago comedy festival in July 2009. The festival will have 30 comedians performing at the Zanies Comedy Club who will be featured...
- Tattooing talk series starts in April. Wateham, Hannah Clay // Bay Windows;3/11/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p9
The article offers information on the series of talk shows on tattooing, organized by the Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) in Boston, Massachusetts, begining on April 14, 2010.