Google Dives Into TV
- Leaders and Followers. Bablmann, Bruce // Communications Technology;Mar2009, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p42
The article reports on the services offered by small and large service providers and cable operators. It states that non-competing smaller operators opt for exit strategy. It mentions that smaller operators generally do not follow every model choice of large operators, but are always in close...
- KPIX-TV animates with Curious World Maps. Schroeder, John // Broadcast Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p78
Discusses how Curious Software's Curious World Maps Version1.0 helped KPIX-TV CBS 5/UPN Bay Area Television in California to create visually stunning maps that carried the station's identity and brand and can be updated for breaking news. Ease of installation; Compositing capabilities;...
- Open TV software ahead of set-top boxes. Grove, Chris // Variety;01/15/2001 Supplement, Vol. 381 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on the software for interactive television which was developed by Open TV company in its joint venture with USA Media Group company. Significance of the consumer approach used by Open TV in the introduction of the software; How the software works; Factors which affect the penetration of...
- REVENGE OF THE NERDS. Neff, Jack // Advertising Age;4/23/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 17, p1
This article profiles a revolutionary new company called Backchannel. The vision of CEO Michael Kokernak is to implement a fully interactive, individually addressable and accountable television. Backchannel wants to become the software and technology backbone of a new era of TV. Details of his...
- The TV Debate: Transformation vs. Revolution. Navin, Ashwin // Broadcasting & Cable;10/15/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 40, p30
The author discusses the issue of the transformation and revolution of the U.S. television (TV) industry. He proposes an application replacing broadcast TV. He points out that great applications are categorized in two: those that are transformative making analog provider more pleasing and...
- Insiight into content. Garcia, Kristine // TVB Europe;Sep2000, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on the outcome of the management solutions implemented by ARD-Online-Kanal, a German television broadcaster, in multimedia digital broadcasts. Background information on the company; What prompted it to seek an editorial content management system; Features of the Insiight content...
- Is Web a threat to TV biz? Stroud, Michael // Daily Variety;11/3/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 23, p5
The article reports on the affirmation of a top Google Inc. executive regarding the falsity of the Google television (TV) Internet service's threat on the television business in New York in 2010.
- Google TV shunned in US. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Feb2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p10
The article provides information on the uncertain future of Google TV as several network broadcasters including Fox, Viacom, and NBC have blocked Google TV from accessing their content.
- Google tunes Internet television offering. // Flare (Pakistan);12/15/2011, p69
The article offers brief information on the moribund Internet television (TV) platform from Google Inc.