- Merger sparks redundancy fears at Glaxo SmithKline. Lamb, Jon // People Management;02/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p12
Deals with the plans of Glaxo SmithKline, the pharmaceutical company created by the merger of Glaxo Wellcome and SmithKline Beecham, to relocate its operational headquarters in Great Britain to the United States. Job losses the relocation would generate; Criticisms of the Manufacturing Science...
- New office locations. // Credit Management;Nov97, p20
Reports on the relocations of various businesses in Great Britain. Includes Legal & Trade Collections relocation to its office in Northern Ireland; Target Computer Group opening of an office in Britol.
- CRC goes to Cheltenham. // Glass Age;Dec2002, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p39
Reports that the Conservatory Roof Centre has relocated its factory to Cheltenham, England, in order to accommodate its expanding business.
- D&B study tracks migration of businesses and jobs between... Kresge, David T. // Business Credit;Feb97, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p57
Presents the findings of a study conducted on business relocation in the United States, by Dun & Bradstreet. Number of companies that have across state lines; States ranked by net job gain between 1991 and 1995; Largest net gain in businesses posted by South Atlantic states.
- Taxes only one reason to switch domiciles. Bradford, Michael // Business Insurance;10/11/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 40, p36
The article offers tips on business relocation, after some companies decided to redomesticate from Bermuda to Switzerland solely for tax incentives.
- Moving strategies. Fischer, Glenn // Buildings;Mar1997, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p61
Presents information from Alan Whitson on the complex planning, careful execution, and constant monitoring when relocating a company in the United States. Cost of a move; Information on what percentage business moves account for; Comments from Whitson; Elements to a successful move.
- Are you making a smart move? Whitson, Alan // Buildings;Mar1997, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p62
Presents information on key factors in determining what a tenant should know when comparing buildings for the relocation of its operations. Size and efficiency of the building core; Shape of the floor; Explanation of building module.
- Feel the chrun? Whitson, Alan // Buildings;Mar1997, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p64
Offers a look at how companies manage the relocation of their business and the effect that the change has on their productivity. Comments from employment expert John Challenger; Strategies for dealing with change.
- You need not be a `stranger in strange land' when it comes to local government. Brogin, Wendy M. // Orange County Business Journal;8/26/96 Supplement, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p10
Points out considerations for businesses relocating to Los Angeles, California. Access to government; Accountability of decision makers to their constituency; Efforts to change the Los Angeles charter.