FRIENDSHIP PATTERNS AMONG LESBIAN AND GAY YOUTH: AN EXPLORATORY STUDY
- case history. W.L. // ONE;Aug61, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p19
This article relates the story of a man who was dismissed from his job as an orderly in a United States veteran's hospital after admitting his homosexuality. Incident which forced him to reveal his homosexuality; Changes in his life after leaving the hospital.
- Chapter 10. McNaught, Brian // Are You Guys Brothers?;2008, p68
The author expresses opinion about the incapability of some people to understand his homosexuality, and the issue of masculinity and femininity. He asserts that two men captured in an intimate pose in a photograph would draw little negative response from men in Italy, China and South Africa. He...
- Yin and Yang in Mortal Combat: Psychic Conflict in the
Coming-Out Process of Gay Males. Alderson, Kevin G.; Jevne, Ronna F. J. // Guidance & Counseling;Summer2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p128
Research suggests an average gap of six years between the time individuals first report awareness of same-sex attraction and the time they self-identify as gay. The current research sought to discover what happens during this gap and what factors determine whether a male will self-identify as...
- Young, gay, and OK. Lehoczky, Etelka // Advocate;2/1/2005, Issue 931, p24
This article reports on the decline in the average age at which gay youths are coming out, as of February 2005. The trend is presenting challenges to how researchers study sexual development because for years researchers believed people began coming out between ages 19 and 23. Today, the average...
- Learning That an Adolescent Child Is Gay or Lesbian: The Parent Experience. Saltzburg, Susan // Social Work;Jan2004, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p109
Increasing numbers of adolescents are disclosing their sexual orientation to parents at an earlier stage of the family life cycle than their predecessors. Although we know that parents are coexperiencing the range of difficulties reflected in reports of gay and lesbian youths after disclosure,...
- Ask Barbra. Seville, Barbra // Echo Magazine;5/5/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p82
Gives advice on problems concerning sexual orientation and social acceptance. Difficulties faced by an effeminate man in interacting with other people; Nature of insecure or unhappy people; Importance of being comfortable with one's self.
- SUMMER SNAPSHOTS. Totzke, Michael // Body Politic;Aug86, Issue 129, p25
Presents an article narrating how a gay man came to acknowledge his sexual preferences during a summer vacation in 1986.
- Gay For You. PAULL, ANTHONY // Between the Lines (10807551);6/27/2013, Issue 2126, p38
The author recalls his conversations with a man who cannot admit that he is a gay person. He notes that the 30-year-old man was confused about his sexuality and kept asking him about anal sex. He adds that he does not want to talk about anal sex at social events. He has advised the man to accept...
- Free to Be the Woman I Always Have Been. Celeste // Whosoever;Jan/Feb2001, pN.PAG
Presents an article about the experiences of a gay man in hiding his sexual orientation. Reason for the decision of the gay man to hide his identity; Challenges faced by the gay man; Ways of addressing fear.