Workplace Literacy Problems: Triangulating on Potential Hot Spots
- Trends in workplace learning: Supply and demand in interesting times. Bassi, Laurie; Cheney, Scott; Lewis, Eleesha // Training & Development;Nov98, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p51
Discusses two developments in the marketplace for workplace learning. Demand for workplace learning and performance improvement; Knowledge management; Supply of workplace learning; Four key developments in learning technologies. INSETS: The implications of knowledge management;Leadership at...
- Do Your Workers Need Literacy Training? // Training & Development;Nov93, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p22
Deals with the importance of literacy training among employees. Various literacy programs offered by companies to employees; Advantages presented by literacy programs to employees and organizations.
- The ABCs of Workplace Literacy. Hays, Scott // Workforce (10928332);Apr99, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p70
Focuses on the benefits of employee literacy. Information on the Phoenix Literacy Program; How the American Association for Career Education in California defines literacy; Benefits of enhanced employee skills.
- Big Apple Feels Illiteracy Bite. Steinburg, Craig; Rissler, Jennifer A. // Training & Development;Oct91, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p12
Reports on a June 1991 survey of human resources executives indicating that the New York workforce ranks below that of other states in workplace literacy. Workplace literacy skills that New York workers are highly deficient in; Need for skills enhancement.
- Companies and individuals benefit from workplace training. // Employee Benefit News;10/01/99, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p52
Presents the findings of a study on the impact of workplace training and education programs on employees in the United States (US). Benefits to employers and employees; Overview of the inadequacy of basic skills among the US workforce.
- As a blue-collar worker, does Johnny need to read? Martin, JoAnn // Adult Basic Education;Fall98, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p139
Provides information on a study which described the state of literacy requirements and employee literacy needs at a paper mill located in a south central state. Research questions; Literature review; Methodology; Results and discussions; Conclusions and recommendations.
- Fred J. Abbate discusses the New Jersey Employer Council... // Business News New Jersey;03/09/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p11
Interviews Fred J. Abbate, chairman of the New Jersey Employers Council (NJEC), about the resources and trainings required to meet employment needs. Primary responsibilities of the council; Priorities of the council; View of Abbate on how the state and employers can work together in dealing...
- Implications of the digital revolution. // Training & Development;Nov98, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p72
Describes how the digital revolution is changing work and learning. Importance of retraining; Tools to solve the skills gap provided by the digital revolution; Need of practitioners of workplace learning to retool themselves.
- Basic Skills Training 101. Hays, Scott // Workforce (10928332);Apr99, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p76
Discusses the requirements for a successful literacy program. Job analysis and skills assessment; Ways to keep the training costs low; Key points to consider when developing a workplace literacy training program.