The big freeze
- We're all in this together. Cooper, Cary // Director;Feb2011, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p27
The author comments on the need to address the issue of equity in both the public and private sectors in Great Britain. He reveals that chief executive officers (CEO), directors and other executives in the financial services industry who earn salaries far in excess of what they need or are...
- Bucks for Bureaucrats. Mangu-Ward, Katherine // Reason;Jul2010, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p13
The article reflects on the difference between the pay of federal government employee and the private sector in Great Britain.
- In the battle for IT talent the public sector has a lot of ground to cover. Onwurah, Chi // Computer Weekly;11/25/2014, p13
The author argues that public sector organisations in Great Britain have a great deal of ground to cover in relation to a battle with various private sector firms over information technology (IT) talent, focusing on digital transformation projects and the hiring of digital experts in Great...
- ICSA International. Turnbull, Peter // Keeping Good Companies (14447614);Jun2013, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p276
An introduction to an article about the foundation and core principles of good governance in private and public sector in Hong Kong, China is presented.
- The Public Sector and the Private. Gillespie, Nick // Reason;Jan2005, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p4
Introduces a series of articles on public and private economic sectors.
- How to…TRANSFER SKILLS TO THE PRIVATE SECTOR. TYAS, JOHN // Estates Gazette;6/30/2012, Issue 1226, p109
The article shares tips on how public sector staff can transfer their knowledge and skills when moving into the private sector.
- THE ANALYSIS OF PRODUCTIVITY AND PROFITABILITY IN THE CEE REGION: FOCUS ON THE PRIVATE AND PUBLIC SECTOR. Mijić, Kristina; Jakšić, Dejan; Berber, Nemanja // Serbian Journal of Management;2015, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p215
This paper presents a comparative analysis of productivity and profitability of companies of the private and public sector from selected countries of Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). The research is based on the data of productivity and profitability from "Cranet" project. The results of...
- Why HR should care about low pay. Brown, Duncan // People Management;1/13/2011, p12
The author addresses the low wages received by employees in the British healthcare sector. He considers the increasing executive remuneration in the private sector. He looks at the negative impact of creating the national minimum wage. He comments on a report released by Will Hutton, titled...
- Wave of support for concessions. Ford, Neil // African Business;Jun2008, Issue 343, p52
The article reports that the port sector in African countries has been a scene of intense conflict between the private and the public sector. The government of South Africa has abandoned plans to transfer control of its key ports to private sector firms. Despite transferring control of the...