LINKS & NOTES
- Promises, promises. Finding, Peter // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2013, p12
The article discusses the possibility that verbal or company-wide announcements lead to binding contractual obligations. It offers an overview of related case Dresdner Kleinwort Ltd. & Commerzbank AG v. Attrill & ors that was ruled in Great Britain in 2013. The case highlights how employers...
- LITIGATION: Sumption comes a cropper in bank action. // Engineer (Online Edition);3/14/2011, p6
The article focuses on the failure of Jonathan Sumption, a lawyer at Brick Court Chambers, in winning a case involving Dresdner Kleinwort Ltd. and Commerzbank AG. It is inferred that 104 claimants sued the banks for unpaid commissions since the merger of the banks in 2008. Lawyers Nigel Tozzi...
- Judgment Call: 20 May 2013. Jordan, Ruth // Lawyer (Online Edition);5/20/2013, p14
The article offers information on several court cases. It states that Richard Attrill of investment banking services provider Dresdner Kleinwort Ltd. had filed a case against the company as the employer made a promise to pay performance bonus which it did not. It was diIt mentions that in the...
- Guaranteed minimum bonus pool was legally binding and considered a variation to contract. Malamatenios, David; Makin, Colin; Santra, Krishna; Martins, Sandra; Powys-Rodrigues, Melissa // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2013, p7
The article discusses a court case that focuses on rules related to guaranteed minimum bonus pool in Great Britain in 2013. In the case Dresdner Kleinwort Ltd and Commerzbank AG v Attrill and others, an employment tribunal ruled the pool to be legally binding. The case was initiated by 104...
- Case of the week Employment. // Lawyer;5/28/2012, p16
The article discusses the England & Wales High Court Queen's Bench consolidated employment law case Attrill & Ors. and Anar & Ors. v. Dresdner Kleinwort Ltd. & Commerzbank which deals with an employer's alleged oral promise to pay guaranteed performance-based bonuses to employees. The court...
- Employers urged to look beyond qualifications. // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p3
The article presents news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on 'Going Green at Work' conference, legislation on the right to request time off for training, and graduate recruiters.
- FAST FORWARD. // People Management;Oct2011, p10
The article presents a timeline of human resources-related events in Great Britain, held from October 1-26, 2011, including the implementation of agency workers regulations, the Conservative Party conference, and the launch of the nonprofit Employwers Network for Equality & Inclusion.
- Untitle. // Personnel Today;10/27/2009, p2
The article presents information on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on Apple Inc., Google Inc., and Virgin Group.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;12/3/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p7
This section offers employment management-related news briefs in Great Britain including the increase in the number of older workers and the recommendation by health expert Dr. Steve Boorman that the government improve the staff's health and well-being.