- INDICATOR. // People Management;8/21/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p47
The article presents statistics related to people management in Great Britain, including the number of jobs created, pay rate for redundancy pay and pay rate for national minimum wage.
- Public sector HR: tough times ahead. // Personnel Today;2/9/2010, p10
The article focuses on the public sector personnel management. It discusses various challenges faced by Human resources (HR) management in the public sector. According to a report by the Great Britain's Office for National Statistics (ONS), a public sector pay with bonuses was 459 pound per week...
- LEADERSHIP AT HOME AND ABROAD. // People Management;Oct2011, p42
The article presents statistics on business leadership and development as of October 2011, including the percentage of firms increasing their leadership development budgets, the critical leadership skills needed in Great Britain over the next three years, and the percentage of human resources...
- Statistics you need to know... // Personnel Today;6/23/2009, p30
The article presents statistics related to personnel management in Great Britain including qualifying period for unfair dismissal, statutory maternity pay policy and paid annual leave policy.
- Employers still lag on engagement. // Human Resources (09648380);Nov2009, p8
The article presents two statistics on the lack of ability of employers to engage their staff and their failure to conduct employee engagement surveys in Great Britain.
- NEWS ON THE WEB. // People Management;2/12/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p11
This section offers news briefs related to personnel management from Great Britain. There has been a decline in the number of jobs being advertised, according to the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and KPMG Report on Jobs. The House of Lords is debating over a bill that would...
- PERFORMANCE & REWARD. // People Management;Oct2011, p15
This section offers news briefs on employee performance and rewards in Great Britain as of October 2011. The number of people saving in company pensions schemes has declined since 1991. Additional guidance to businesses on the payment of the minimum wage to interns has been launched by the...
- HR over the pond. Bentley, Ross // Personnel Today;9/8/2009, p10
The article presents a comparative analysis between the human resource (HR) profession in the U.S. and Great Britain. It differentiates on the basis of several factors including salary, work-life balance and socio-economic factors affecting the HR professionals. It presents the views of several...
- RESOURCING & TALENT. // People Management;Nov2011, p16
This section offers news briefs pertaining to resourcing and talent in companies in Great Britain, including the plan to reduce the annual migration cap for non-European Union skilled workers, according to British Prime Minister David Cameron, the stiffer salary test to be faced by migrant...