No more 'socio-economic' duty
- SEARCHING FOR EQUITY AMID A SYSTEM OF SCHOOLS: THE VIEW FROM NEW ORLEANS. Garda, Robert // Fordham Urban Law Journal;Mar2015, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p613
Hurricane Katrina leveled both the buildings and governance structure of the New Orleans school system. The system was transformed from one elected school board controlling nearly all the schools to a system of schools with sixty-three school districts operating within the city's geographic...
- Dealing with disabled job applicants. Morton, Christina; Munns, Jo // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2009, p20
The article explains British regulations that relate to recruiting disabled applicants and the pitfalls it present to unwary employers. There is a need for a employer to determine whether it needs to make an adjustment during the recruitment process without creating the impression that knowledge...
- The Public Sector Equality Duty. // Judicial Review;Mar2011, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses the public sector equality duty in Chapter 1 of Part 11 of the Equality Act 2010 by Great Britain's Equality and Human Rights Commission effective April 1, 2011. It states the equality duty will replace and expand certain similar duties upon public authorities to have due...
- Inquiry planned to examine how equality laws should apply to religious people. Lloyd, Peter // Pink Paper;8/5/2011, p9
The article reports that an inquiry will be held in the later part of 2011 to define how hard equality laws must be applied to religious people opposing or disagreeing with homosexuality.
- Equality Act 2010: Specific duties now in force. // Access by Design;Fall2011, Issue 128, p2
The article reports the implementation of the Equality Act 2010 in Great Britain to assists public bodies in the performance of the public sector Equality Duty which requires the consideration of all individuals who are carrying out daily activities.
- The Department of Health and the Equality Act 2010. Veale, David; Xenitidis, Kiriakos; Campbell, Colin // British Journal of Psychiatry;Jul2012, Vol. 201 Issue 1, p75
This article comments on an inherent flaw of the Equality Act 2010 in Great Britain which the authors of a review missed out.
- We want action, Mr. President. // Bay Area Reporter;10/8/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 41, p4
The author reflects on the primary purpose of the LGBT community in choosing President Barack Obama to be the keynote speaker at the Human Rights Campaign's annual national dinner in California which is to hear President Obama about his commitment for LGBT laws including the military's anti-gay...
- Equality legislation. // Diversity in Health & Care;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p74
The article offers information on the Equality Bill from the House of Commons which will replace all existing equality legislation including the Equal Pay Act in Great Britain.
- Solution to a shoddy compromise. Rice-Birchall, Simon // People Management;11/25/2010, p32
The article reports on an issue related to the viability of enforcing clauses that are stipulated in the Equality Act 2010 of Great Britain.