LINKS & NOTES
- UK faces deeper cuts to Govt spending. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing (Online Edition);11/10/2014, p1
The article reports that according to a study conducted by the newspaper "Financial Times" (FT) annual savings will have to double in Great Britain. Topics discussed include cuts in government spending, the statement of British prime minister David Cameron on achieving austerity target and a...
- Office for Budget Responsibility. // Public Finance;Nov2014, Issue 11, p18
The article reports that the Office for Budget Responsibility of Great Britain should be given an expanded remit that helps the government in accounting the policies to manage poverty.
- UK's AAA credit rating at risk following Autumn Statement. Salih, Chris // Money Marketing (Online Edition);12/6/2012, p14
The article reports that the AAA credit rating of Great Britain is likely to be downgraded in 2013 after the Office for Budget Responsibility cuts its prediction for economic growth.
- Subdued recovery dampens spirits. Hillier, Warren // Conference & Incentive Travel;Jan2013, p15
In this article, the author says that he is disappointed at an announcement by the Chancellor of the Exchequer of Great Britain that the Great Britain Office for Budget Responsibility is expecting a subdued and uneven recovery than expected.
- Osborne nominates OBR chair Chote for second term. Sands, Mark // Money Marketing (Online Edition);9/3/2015, p5
The article announces that Robert Chote has been appointed as chairman of Great Britain Office for Budget Responsibility.
- OBR admits failure to forecast double dip. // Fund Strategy;10/22/2012, p1
The article reports the failure to forecast Great Britain's double-dip recession by the Office for Budget Responsibilty (OBR).
- Osborne makes Chote choice to oversee budget responsibility. // Money Marketing;9/17/2010, p32
The article announces Robert Chote, director of Institute for Fiscal Studies to become the first chair of the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) of Great Britain, mentioning the support by Chancellor George Osborne.
- AS 2012: OBR cuts UK growth forecasts. Dale, Samuel // Fundweb;12/5/2012, p22
The article reports that the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) in Great Britain has reduced its 2012 growth forecast from 0.8 percent to a contraction of 0.1 percent because of reduced trade with the Eurozone.
- UK Retakes from Brazil Title of World's 6th Largest Economy. Newsroom // Brazzil Mag;Dec2012, p1
The article reports that the Great Britain retained the sixth ranking in richest economies despite of recession and poor performance. It mentions that the country has the national output of 2.443 trillion pounds as compared to Brazil. It mentions that according to the Office for Budget...