- No hassle hiring. O'Mara, Deborah L. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p101
Gives information on federal and state laws which protect employees and prevent discrimination and unfair hiring practices. Information on the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, which enforces federal law that prohibit employment discrimination; Reference to what an employer...
- Watch out for the untouchables, they're on the verge of revolt. Byfield, Ted // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/22/93, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p52
Discusses incidents in Canada that show bias against certain groups. Different treatment of different lobbyist groups; Gender and education; Christians and an academic periodical called the `Chesterton Review'; Homosexual club refusing admittance to heterosexuals; Caste system developing; More.
- Miami faces black boycott. Hocker, C. // Black Enterprise;Oct90, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p24
Reports that the Dade County, Fla. affiliate of the National Bar Association (NBA) has called for organizations to boycott Miami as a site for conventions or meetings. Charges of blatant job discrimination and racism in Miami; Potential impact on Miami's economy.
- Affirmative-action watch. Sabir, Q. // Black Enterprise;Oct90, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p24
Presents highlights of a report completed by Brimmer Marshall Consultants on discrimination in the letting of government contracts. Impact on America's minority businesses; How the study was conducted.
- Some black leaders are debating whether black... // Commentary;Jan1987, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p34
Americans should rely more on their own initiative and efforts in solving critical problems long attributed to racism. But the old-guard black leadership sees blacks as victims of discrimination, incapable of advance without the philanthropy of the white elites, and unless these beliefs and...
- Experimental test of discrimination by squirrels for insect-infestedacorns Weckerly, Floyd W.; Nicholson, Kirsten E.; Semlitsch, Raymond D. Semlitsch // American Midland Naturalist;Oct1989, Vol. 122 Issue 2, p412
No abstract available.
- Avoiding discrimination liability. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Aug90, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p18
Presents information about discrimination in a company. Case filed by a female manager against the firm under the Civil Rights Act charging sex discrimination; Circumstances behind the case; The Supreme Court's decision on the case; Employee's complain against her superior about racial...
- Briarcliff Manor mayor refutes Tara Circle's bigotry allegation. Prenon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;9/4/95, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p2
Reports on Tara Circle's allegation that Briarcliff Manor Mayor Eugene Bifano's discrimination against Irish. Opposition by critics to the plan of an Irish-American cultural center; Reaction by Edward A. Sheeran, president of Tara Circle; Comparison of the Irish group's suit involving two Irish...
- Girls just wanna work out. Broadwell, L.; Shimizu, Y. // Women's Sports & Fitness;Sep90, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p44
Reports on how women who are serious about fitness are turning to single-sex gyms. Benefits of women-only clubs. INSET: From the club to the courtroom (sexual discrimination suits....
- Affirmative-action watch. Albert, L. // Black Enterprise;May91, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p18
Discusses a series of studies conducted by the states of New York and New Jersey to document discrimination patterns. Focus on defending set-aside programs for minority- and female-owned firms, following the 1989 US Supreme Court case `City of Richmond vs. J.A. Croson Company; Research to be...