Sears, Kmart Debut Over-the-Top Movie Service
- MARKET WATCH. // DSN Retailing Today;1/22/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p4
Presents updates on the retail business in the United States as of January 2001. Plans of Kmart to build a distribution center in Montgomery County, New York; Closure of several stores of Sears; Decision of Cost Plus to open lesser number of stores.
- NICHE MARKETING TARGETS HOTTEST-SELLING ITEMS. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;1/24/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p36
The article reports that Peter Whitsett, Kmart Corp.'s co-chief merchant, has ridden with Kmart down some rough roads. Now, he is helping establish the merchandising direction of a chain that may be on the verge of revitalization. Of course, much of the attention lavished on Kmart recently has...
- FLEXIBLE TOY SELECTION MIRRORS DEMAND. Desjardins, Doug // DSN Retailing Today;1/24/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p48
The article reports that Kmart Corp. still ranks among the top five toy retailers in the country, but it hasn't kept pace with rivals like Target and Wal-Mart as they've grown and changed the business over the past five years. And while its merger with Sears PLC presents an opportunity to make...
- Perspectives on Kmart-Sears. Forseter, Murray // Chain Store Age;Mid-Dec2004, Vol. 80 Issue 13, p18
Presents perspectives on the proposed merger of retailers Kmart and Sears. Expectations on the companies; Response of consumers to the merger; Competition between the companies and other retail chains.
- Doomed for Failure: Sears + Kmart. Dougherty, Tom // Brandweek;12/6/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 44, p20
Emphasizes the necessity for addressing brand issues facing business partners Sears and Kmart. Obstacle to the brand-building of the partnering company; Comparison of the brands of Wal-Mart and Target with that of Kmart and Sears; Solution for the brand issue.
- Sears, Kmart See Synergies In CE. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/22/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p1
This article reports on the potential implications for the U.S. consumer electronics industry of the planned merger between Sears and Kmart as of November 22, 2004. According to Sears' chairman Alan Lacy, Kmart has more merchandising expertise in DVD and gaming while Sears is successful at items...
- Super K Future in Doubt As Sears, Kmart Merge. Springer, Jon // SN: Supermarket News;11/22/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 47, p1
Focuses on the possible effect of the merger of Kmart and Sears on Super K, the Kmart division that operates grocery and general merchandise superstores in the U.S. Benefits of the merger to off-mall stores carrying convenience and pantry food items; Changes to be made to Kmart stores;...
- No guarantees on monster merger. Canlen, Brae // Home Channel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p4
The article presents information on the monster merger. Retail analysts have compared the Sears/Kmart merger to everything from a deal made in heaven to tying two drunks together and hoping they walk straight. In all likelihood, the truth is somewhere in between. The dust has yet to settle on...
- Sears, Kmart To Merge. Christman, Ed // Billboard;11/27/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 48, p7
Discusses the proposed merger between Kmart and Sears in New York in 2004. Re-evaluation of music by Kmart and Sears; Decline in the music sales of Kmart; Speculations on the merger; Value of the merger; Allocation of shares to shareholders upon the merger.