FOR THE RECORD
- NEXSTAR MAKES DIRECTV, AT&T DEALS. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;9/8/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 35, p31
The article reports on the signing of Nexstar Broadcasting Group Inc. a retransmission-consent agreements with DirecTV Inc. and AT&T in the U.S. This will give the pay television services nonexclusive rights to distribute Nexstar Broadcasting Group Inc.'s local programming. Furthermore, the deal...
- DirecTV platinum subscribers to get more channels by year's end. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;10/12/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p34
Reports that subscribers of DirecTV Inc.'s platinum cable television package in Puerto Rico will get a free HBO channel for free. Total number of cable television subscribers aimed to be achieved by DirecTV by year-end 2000; Features of the additional HBO channel; Current number of homes and...
- DirecTV Bows First 3D Network. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/5/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p12
The article reports on satellite operator DirecTV's launch of the three-dimensional television channel N3D in the U.S. on July 1, 2010, which was sponsored by Panasonic Corp. of North America.
- CBS upfront haul could nick network rivals. Poggi, Jeanine // Advertising Age;6/10/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 23, p6
The article reports that the CBS Television Network has secured between $2.5 and $2.75 billion in the upfront advanced sales period for the 2012-2013 television season and considers those sales' impact on sales by other networks during the upfront.
- Root Sports Houston Rides Into Town, Reaching More Subs Than CSN Could. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/17/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p34
The article focuses on Root Sports Houston, the regional sports network owned by cable television (TV) company DirecTV and mass media company AT&T in Houston, Texas scheduled to launch on November 17, 2014. Topics discussed include the cancellation of Comcast SportsNet (CSN) Houston to make way...
- Shopping their wares. Masters, Charles // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/7/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 24, p54
The article reports that television (TV) in Russia is going through rapid change, with exponential growth in the advertising market. Pay TV platforms such as Comcor TV and NTV Plus are starting to gain critical mass. Prices are not stratospheric, but compare with those obtained in middle-size...
- Channel pricing deal could help ITV more than free-to-air boxes. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);12/13/2001, p16
Focuses on the advantages of the channel pricing deal of television network ITV with BSkyB. Terms of the deal; Details on the digital problem of ITV; Plan of companies to launch inexpensive free-to-air boxes not offering subscription option; Information on free-to-air boxes offered by ITV.
- Versus back on DirecTV. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;3/16/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 51, p2
The article reports on the return of sports cable network Versus to DirecTV Inc.
- CBS, DirecTV Got Their Game On In 3D At Tennis' U.S. Open. Reynolds, Mike; Spangler, Todd; Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;9/6/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p8
The article reports that CBS Television Network and DirecTV Inc. were set to broadcast in three-dimensional display systems the U.S. Tennis Open with the sponsorship and technical assistance from Panasonic.