HBO Pops the Cork On 3D VOD Movies
- Networked-Versus-Integrated PVR Debate. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p116
Focuses on the run on Home Box Office's subscription vide-on-demand test in South Carolina. Comparison of subscription video-on-demand and personal video recorders.
- HBO: On Demand Is Paying Off. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p44
Assesses on the rating of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services of Home Box Office in the U.S. Potential of SVOD services on cable operator; Rate of SVOD subscription; Viability of SVOD services on consumers.
- Showtime, Starz Tie SVOD Bundles. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p46
Focuses on the pricing strategy of the Subscription Video-On-Demand (SVOD) Services of Home Box Office in the U.S. Satisfaction of consumers on SVOD services; Success rate of SVOD service; Monthly subscription rate of SVOD service.
- SVOD Could Use Help: Panel. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p2
Reports on the increased popularity of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services at the Kagan, New York video-on-demand (VOD) summit. Reasons for skepticism of some producers about the reliability of SVOD; Breakup of SVOD programming offered by Home Box Office Inc.; Arguments for selling SVOD...
- SVOD Fever Could Break. PRANGE, STEPHANIE // Home Media Magazine;10/27/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 27, p3
The author discusses the trend of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services like the Netflix model, the offerings by cable television companies like Home Box Office (HBO) and Lionsgate, and the wrestling company World Wrestling Entertainment's (WWE) 24-hour streaming network, the WWE Network.
- HBO GOES VOD IN U.K. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;2/14/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 34, p11
The article reports that Home Box Office Inc. is launching a subscription video-on-demand (VOD) service in England in 2007. It is the first time that it will be available as a stand-alone branded destination in England. Rolling out this spring, the service will be carried by competing British...
- True SVOD Test Still to Come. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p76
Reports on the crash of Time Warner Cable's system due to thousands of request for access to Home Box Office Inc.'s subscription video-on-demand service in Columbia, South Carolina. Expected financial returns from video-on-demand; Transactional-programming track record of cable operators.
- HBO 'Wires' Up VOD. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p14
This article reports on the premiere each episode of Home Box Office's The Wire and Russell Simmons' Def Comedy Jam on the subscription on-demand service HBO On Demand. According to HBO chairman and CEO Chris Albrecht, the advance premiere of each episode is an opportunity to build the audience...
- HBO jazzed for 'Treme' Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;4/14/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on the decision of Home Box Office (HBO) network in the U.S. to renew the television drama "Treme," which is set to be aired in New Orleans, Louisiana. It states that the show's premiere attracted 1.1 million viewers and could end up quadrupling its audience through repeat...