Comcast's Web Slinger
- Pace on earth. Biesada, Alexandra M. // Texas Monthly;Dec96, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p88
Reports on music promoter Pace Entertainment of Houston, Texas. The type of the acts they handle including Bob Dylan and the Eagles; The effect of the company booking in smaller arenas; Profile of chairperson Allen Becker; How he came to be in the music business; The company's successful...
- On coin chase, Pace takes case to Street. Peers, Martin // Variety;07/13/97, Vol. 367 Issue 9, p6
Reports that Pace Entertainment Corp. has hired the firm Wasserstein Perella & Co. to find a financial partner or buyer of the firm. Plan of founder Alan Becker to retire and sell at least part of his stake; Need for additional investment for expansion.
- Amphitheater deal. // Advertising Age;11/8/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 47, p47
Reports on Blockbuster Entertainment Corp., Sony Music Entertainment and PACE Entertainment Corp.'s joint development and operation of concert amphitheaters internationally. Merging of group's existing operations; Locations of theaters of each company.
- `Hyde' road-bound with slick new ad. Brodesser, Claude // Variety;03/30/98, Vol. 370 Issue 7, p170
Provides information on the North American tour for the musical `Jekyll & Hyde,' produced by Pace Entertainment/Fox Theatrical. Purpose of the tour; Reviews received by the musical from New York Times.
- Super Bowl slates battle of the bands. Fleming, Michael // Variety;11/13/95, Vol. 361 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the plan of National Football League to collaborate with Pace Entertainment to organize a week long schedule of concerts to take place in venues near the Sun Devil Stadium in Temple, Arizona as a promotional program for the Super Bowl XXX scheduled for January 28, 1996.
- Comcast bylaws change allows easier way to spin off divisions. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;7/1/96, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p12
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s shareholders' approval of a resolution that will make it easier for the company to spin off individual business units. Possible candidates for a spinoff; Features of the company's acquisition of E.W. Scripps; Three classes of stock by the company.
- Will PC, TV or new gear bring multimedia home? Dawson, Fred // Inter@ctive Week;09/30/96, Vol. 3 Issue 19, p1
Reports that network operators are faced with an endless array of devices and applications, with the emerging multimedia market. Comments from Steve Craddock vice president of new media development at Comcast Corporation; Citing the business provided by @Home Networks; Cautions given to the...
- Comcast goes on-line via cable. // Telephony;12/19/94, Vol. 227 Issue 25, p18
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s introduction of Comcast PC Connect, an on-line access service to run over hybrid fiber/coax cable television networks. Testing; Scheduled commercial release.
- Comcast brings @Home to Baltimore. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;12/09/96, Vol. 126 Issue 51, p108
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s launching of a localized version of @Home cable online service in Baltimore and Howard County, Maryland. Availability of the service; Features of the subscriber system; Launching plans in other states.