MUSL TV Seeks Place in Fitness Genre
- The ESPN effect. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;2/6/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 2, p17
The article focuses on the transformation of Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN), a twenty-four hour sports marathon into a life style, with sports as a backdrop. It has launched an extension of that life style, the Mobile ESPN, a new mobile virtual network operator that examines...
- One man's junk is another man's disease: Exploring hoarding as reality television entertainment. Evans, Shannon M.; Barton, Kristin M. // Journal of Popular Television;Apr2014, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p41
Reality television programmes focusing on issues of 'hoarding' (accumulating items and possessions at unhealthy levels) have become popular on US cable networks such as A&E and TLC. But while these shows outwardly appear to be offering help to those who are featured on the series (as well as...
- Primetime shift. Savage, Mike // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;8/12/2005, special section p11
The article discusses how lifestyle changes and media fragmentation conspire to redefine cable television's primetime concept. Primetime lies at the heart of TV's money-making equation. More channels mean more competition for viewers' attention, while increasing demands on people's time are...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.
- New channels, shows target growing market. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p23
Features cable television networks that offer Hispanic programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Video Rola; HBO Latino; Galavision; GEMS Television; IMas! Arizona; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.