Golf Channel Tees Up 'Morning Drive'
- Golf Channel Tees Up New Site. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 27, p4
The article focuses on the redesigned Web site to be unveiled by Golf Channel as its preparation to cover Rory Mcilroy in the British Open golf championship.
- Golf Channel Scores a Hole-In-One With Florical. Botelho, Ken // TV Technology;12/1/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p35
The article discusses the use of Golf Channel Inc. for Florical Systems Inc.'s AirBoss automated control system to automate their multi-pronged broadcasting and workflow for asset management and content acquisition.
- Golf Channel's Teaching Moment. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;12/1/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 44, p34
The article reports that American cable and satellite television network Golf Channel will play through on instructional outlets at public courses, clubs and resorts, and also presents Golf Channel president Mike McCarley statement concerning traditional network experience in channel.
- Golf Channel's Major Digital Drive. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;4/29/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p6
The article offers a brief information on the Golf Live Extra application launched by Golf Channel Inc. for the coverage of tournaments and news.
- James Brown: Is he the hardest-working man in sports? Chappell, Kevin // Ebony;Dec1998, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p36
Profiles James Brown, host of a National Football League pre-game show in the United States. Career background of Brown; Details on his profession as a broadcaster; Comments from Brown.
- Announcers as shills. McCleery, Peter // Golf Digest;May96, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p196
Focuses on television golf commentators and their reputation as shills. Increase in commercial appearances to endorse various golf equipment; Credibility of sports announcers.
- A season in the booth. Dore, Blair H. // Independent School;Fall96, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p28
Relates the author's experience as a public address (PA) announcer in his high school's football games. Things that made the him enjoy his work; Advantage of being a PA announcer; Author's view on being an effective PA announcer.
- The need for eloquent silence. Dobereiner, Peter // Golf Digest;Mar1994, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p28
Discusses the author's experience as a commentator in televised golf. Impact of complimentary remarks; Importance of pronouncing the golf players' names; Problems created by television commentators that have made the transition from radio; Reason for the custom of the industry to recruit only...
- KMOX alumni dominate national sports scene. Pollack, Joe // St. Louis Journalism Review;Nov96, Vol. 27 Issue 191, p7
Reports on several sports newscasters from KMOX station in St. Louis, Missouri. Includes the resignation of Jack Buck; Mannerism of Mike Shannon; Work of Harry Caray; Biases of the St. Louis Post-Dispatcher.