FCC Delivers on Network Neutrality
- A Full Accounting. Butts, Tom // TV Technology;2/16/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p6
The article offers the author's insights on the plan of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski to release more mobile spectrum to be used for wireless communication services in the U.S.
- FCC mandates mobile data roaming for wireless carriers. Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;4/7/2011, p2
The article focuses on the mobile data roaming mandated by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for wireless carriers. It states that under the FCC order, data roaming agreements should be reached by facilities-based wireless carriers with other facilities-based wireless carriers at...
- FCC: U.S. Faces Cellular Spectrum Gap. PALENCHAR, JOSEPH // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/12/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p49
The article reports on the cellular spectrum crisis that could be faced by the U.S. According to Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski at the International CTIA Wireless IT & Entertainment show, the lack of spectrum will hinder affordable mobile broadband service in...
- Q&A: Genachowski: Rules Will Take Time. // Multichannel News;10/19/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p16
An interview with Julius Genachowski, chairman of Federal Communications Commission (FCC), is presented. When asked regarding the differences in the network-neutrality between wired and wireless broadband, he refers to the real and relevant differences of the services. Genachowski discloses that...
- Broadcasters biting back on spectrum. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;4/8/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 5, pA5
The article reports on the reallocation of some 120 megahertz (MHz) held by over-the-air cable stations, proposed by Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski as the answer to issues concerning the spectrum of the wireless industries.
- Barton Queries FCC Quotes. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;12/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p27
The article reports on the response of U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski to Representative Joe Barton about the FCC excerpting quotes on network neutrality.
- FCC to Push Neutrality. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;5/3/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p10
The article reports on the move of Julius Genachowski, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), to insure network neutrality regardless of the court battle on open Internet case in the U.S.
- DONT TREAD ON ME. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;11/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p4
The article focuses on network neutrality regulation which is considered as the most controversial regulatory threat for cable operators in the U.S. It mentions the impact brought by the return of Republicans as the majority in the House of Representatives after the country's midterm elections...
- Our vote on neutrality. Dix, John // Network World;12/6/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p3
The article discusses the network neutrality framework outlined by U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski in a speech in December 2010. It notes the meaningful transparency that the framework requires so consumers would know what service providers are doing. It...