Self-Help Book Publishers Find Good Subjects In Bad Times
- NEW FACES, OLD FAVES. Archer, Bert // Quill & Quire;Jan1997, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p18
Presents information related to books and publishing as of January 1, 1997. List of novels to be published by the company Knopf; Launch of the third book by author Nancy Huston; List of short fiction books to be published in 1997. INSET: QUILL'S PICKS.
- Of Risk and Renewal. Osborne, Catharine // Quill & Quire;Jan1998, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p16
Provides information on Canadian fiction titles to be released in the year 1998. 'The Handless Maiden,' by Loranne Brown; 'Forms of Devotion,' by Diane Schoemperlen; 'Blue Marrow,' by Louise Halfe; 'Traplines,' by Eden Robinson; 'Slammin' Tar,' by Cecil Foster; 'A Boy of Good Breeding,' by...
- Making Fiction Books. Grau, Renate // International Journal of the Book;2005/2006, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p61
According to the Book Industry Study Group, the overall book market relies significantly on the sales of fiction books, especially on bestsellers. As raised by leading UK publisher Macmillan, a major problem lies in finding talented authors; a paradox, given that authors typically struggle to...
- THE ART OF NO-BUDGET MARKETING. // Quill & Quire;Dec2010, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p15
The article reports on the proposed marketing plan for a semi-randomly selected fiction title as found in the fall 2010 catalogue of a publisher.
- Book Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;9/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p5
Reports on developments in the book publishing industry in the U.S. Release by John Wiley & Sons Inc. of the special edition of the New York City Landmarks Commission's "The Guide to New York City Landmarks: 3rd Edition"; Reintroduction of the "First Amendment First Aid Kit" by Random House...
- Fiction's Triple Play. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;7/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 30, p15
Provides information on the novels included in the hardcover charts of "Publishers Weekly." Title and author of the novels; Number of copies sold.
- Notes and Comments. // Books in Canada;Mar1979, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p88
Notes developments in the book publishing community in Canada in March 1979. Short list for the third annual Books in Canada Award for First Novels.
- How to Use This Index. // Studies in Short Fiction;Winter99, Vol. 36 Issue 1, Preceding p1
Presents a user's guide to a cumulative index of articles and notes published in the Studies in Short Fiction since 1964. Alphabetical listing by literary subject; Alphabetical listing of book reviews by the name of the author; Provision of cross-reference for the contents in sections 1 and 2.
- Calendar Nov. 13-19. // Publishers Weekly;11/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 44, p22
This section provides information on several dates significant to the book industry. Moby-Dick was published on November 13, 1851 by Harper & Brothers. The novel's first mate, Starbuck, was supposedly the inspiration for the name of the chain. Meanwhile, James Patterson is on The Today Show on...