Management of Fractures in Adolescents
- Orthotic Therapy Results in Less Pain. Hasson, Matt // O&P Business News;2/1/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p44
Focuses on the results of a study conducted by physician F.C. Ã–ner on treatment options for abnormal occurrence (AO) type A1 and A2 compression fractures and AO type 3 burst fractures in neurologically intact patients in the U.S. as of February 2006. Inclusion of 133 patients with 158...
- Healing help. Munson, Marty; Higbee, Beth // Prevention;Nov95, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p59
Reports on a `negative pressure' device which helps wounds heal themselves presented at the August 1993 joint meeting of the European Tissue Repair Society and the Wound Healing Society. Materials and design of the device; Effectivity in treating wounds like bedsores.
- Cascade Dafo. Sheldon, Loretta // Physical Therapy Products;Apr2007, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p48
The article presents the case study of a 16-year old female with hydroecephalus and muscle contractures. The girl is unable to move around and her physical therapist states that her braces is to provide positioning control. It was observed that she has circulation problems since her ankle...
- Case Study: Idiopathic Scoliosis Treatment with Scoliosis Systems. Lamantia, Marc J.; Deutchman, Gary A. // American Chiropractor;Jan2006, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p48
The article presents a case study that follows the treatment of an adolescent female patient with idiopathic scoliosis whose initial presentation was at nine-and-a-half years of age, and Risser 0 was with a 36Â° right thoracic curve. Scoliosis Systemsâ„¢, a complete chiropractic technique...
- New Porcine Dressing Effective Wound Healing Aid. Guttman, Cheryl // Dermatology Times;Apr2000, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p50
Reports on the use of a biomaterial derived from porcine small intestinal submucosa in wound healing. Clearance from the United States Food and Drug Administration; Natural growth factors in the extracellular matrix material; Spectrum of treated wounds.
- Dressings suitable for small wounds. // Dermatology Times;Sep95, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p44
Features dressings from New Dimension in Medicine for small wounds.
- Wound dressing. // Materials Management in Health Care;Oct96, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p37
Features Fibracol Collagen-Alginate Wound Dressing use for healing pressure, diabetic and venous ulcers, and surgical wounds.
- Devon approved in Brazil for extriCARE NPWT. // Medical Device Daily;7/3/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 128, p2
The article reports on the medical device registration and approval received by medical device maker Devon Medical from the Brazilian National Health Surveillance Agency for its extriCARE 2400 Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) pump.
- Custom partial knee replacements offer hope. Snyder, Bob // Handball;Aug2010, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p70
The article evaluates the ConforMIS partial knee resurfacing system from CoforMIS Inc.