Cinar Corporation Restructures, Faces Management Shakeup
- Cinar revamps brass; Moss new head of entertainment. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;01/28/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 41, p36
Reports on the reorganization at Cinar Corp. highlighted by the appointment of Peter Moss as president. Emphasis on adopting a more global approach in operations.
- For 1998, revenues, operating income soar at Cinar Corp. // Electronic Education Report;03/03/99, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the financial performance of publisher Cinar Corp. for the fiscal year ended November 30, 1998. Deals signed in China and Canada; Comparison of the financial performance with the previous year.
- Cinar Corp.'s education holdings see 41.3% revenue growth in 1Q. // Electronic Education Report;05/12/99, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Cinar Corp. for the first quarter ended February 28, 1999. Growth in revenues of education holdings which publishes and distributes classroom supplements; Increase in gross profit and net income.
- Entertainment publisher Cinar to bring its education focus to the Internet. // Electronic Education Report;11/24/99, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p3
Reports that Cinar Corp. will expand its electronic media offerings on the World Wide Web.
- Cinar Recovers $46M From Fraudulent Investment; Appoints New Leaders. // Electronic Education Report;03/29/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p7
Reports that Cinar Corp. recovered a total of ten million dollars from investment fraud.
- Cinar To Fight Delisting; Hires Merrill Lynch To Explore Business Alternatives. // Electronic Education Report;08/16/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the delisting of Cinar Corp.'s stocks on the Nasdaq due to the company's inability to complete and publicly file audited financial statements.
- Education Unit Commands 50% Of Cinar 3rd Quarter Sales. // Educational Marketer;11/01/99, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the revenue contribution of the Cinar Education unit at Cinar Corp. for the third quarter of 1999.
- Cinar Appoints New Leaders Amid $122 Million Financial Scandal. // Educational Marketer;03/20/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p1
Deals with the financial scandal involving Cinar Corporation.
- Cinar Fights Delisting; Hires Merrill Lynch To Explore Alternatives. // Educational Marketer;08/14/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the actions taken by Cinar Corp. to fight the delisting order of Nasdaq due to the company's inability to compete and publicly file audited financial statements.