Congestion angers operators at Sydney terminal
- International Monitoring. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Feb2004, p28
Features the utilization of the VTS computer systems for navigational safety in port areas. Provider of the system; Advantages of the VTS systems; Installation of the VTS systems at two ports in Africa and Asia.
- TIDAL SHIFT TO THE WEST. Leach, Peter T. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);12/9/2013, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p59
The article reports on the rapid growth of ports in the U.S. West Coast due to the effect of the longshore labor negotiations and computer problems at one of the biggest terminals in the ports of New York and New Jersey in 2012. The problems encountered in installing new terminal software at...
- ACCOUNTING MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION: EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE FROM THE PORT AUTHORITY OF VALENCIA. Fillol, Arturo Giner; Ubal, Norma Pontet; Feli, Vicente Ripoll // Revista de GestÃ£o da Tecnologia e Sistemas de InformaÃ§Ã£o / Jo;2008, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p469
Ports that have good geographical location, efficient management and value-added services have potential for international leadership, as is the case with the Valencia Port Authority, which figures prominently in the international ranking of container ports. Information systems should stimulate...
- Retail container traffic up in September. // Toledo Business Journal;Oct2010, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p18
The article reports that retail container ports in the U.S. have a 16 percent increase for import cargo volume in September 2010 over the same month the previous year.
- Another container port to be deepened for mega-carriers. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Jun2001, p4
Reports that Port Klang, a container port in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, is to be deepened under plans by the Malaysian government. Capacity of the port.
- G6 Alliance starts Suez Canal Container Terminal port calls. // American Journal of Transportation;6/11/2012, Issue 533, p16
The article reports that the first eastbound call of the new Asia-Black Sea Express (ABX) service operated by the G6 Alliance was received and worked by Suez Canal Container Terminal (SCCT) in Egypt.
- Charleston Moves Toward Bigger, Depper Port. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);8/16/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p7
The article reports that the South Carolina State Ports Authority has finally achieved a deal with the South Carolina Coastal Conservation League that will allow its Port of Charleston to build a new container terminal and a port access road.
- Working the niches. Plume, Janet // JoC Week;5/6/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p23
Reports developments in container ports in the U.S. as of May 2002. Elaboration on cargo handling of Port of Pensacola; Specialization of Lake Charles on handling of bagged foods; Expansion of the Port of Freeport.
- One Big Berth. Parker, John // Traffic World;3/5/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 10, p42
Reports on construction of a container terminal for shipping lines and ports in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Facilities available in the terminal; Features of the terminal; Growth in popularity of container terminals in Europe.