Clarence River's early prawn season
- Eyes and claws of a killer shrimp. // National Geographic;Sep96, Vol. 190 Issue 3, p146
Discusses the mantis shrimp. The specialized claws of the shrimp; The eyes of the shrimp; The trinocular vision of the shrimp.
- Shrimps aren't just for eating. Walsh, K. // Ranger Rick;Feb92, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p38
Presents photographs and information about various types of shrimp. How they protect themselves; Cleaner shrimp eat parasites; Anemone shrimp; Banded shrimp; Mantis shrimp; Pearl Oyster shrimp; Piston shrimp; Harlequine shrimp; Egg laying; What they eat; Brine shrimp.
- Don't skimp on shrimp. // Prevention;Aug94, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p48
Says that although shrimp has a lot of cholesterol, in terms of effect on blood-cholesterol levels it is about the same as skinless breast of chicken because it is incredibly low in saturated fat. Comparison to chicken.
- The sight of deep wet heat. Land, M.F. // Nature;2/2/1989, Vol. 337 Issue 6206, p404
Discusses research into the function of the developed eyes of shrimp. Lost optics; Theories.
- Sexing the shrimp. // Discover;Apr93, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p14
Reports on three mechanisms involved in sex determination of Gammarus duebeni, a species of tiny shrimp. Living in salt marshes and estuaries; Length of the day or seasons; Environmental sex determination; Infection by microsporidian, a type of parasitic protozoan; Sex genes switched on at birth.
- Prawn in Wales, eaten In Spain. DOWNEY, STEVE // Restaurant Magazine;Apr2014, Issue 236, p22
The article reports on the popularity of Wales prawns in Spain.
- Everybody loves Maine shrimp. Land, Leslie // Yankee;Jan95, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p90
Comments on the fresh shrimps found in Maine coast. Details of preparation of the shrimps; Recipes. INSETS: A brief excursion into shrimp sex.;To freeze Maine shrimp..
- Secret life of the shrimp. Copley, Jon // New Scientist;11/01/97, Vol. 156 Issue 2106, p63
Focuses on the lives of shrimps found in hot springs. Food supply; How shrimps store energy; Importance of findings about animals in deep-sea hot springs to biotechnology.
- Fairy shrimp and gnatcatchers complicate base closing. // Insight on the News;12/01/97, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p44
Presents information on shrimp, an endangered species which has affected development in the California area. Identification of where shrimp can be found; Why Sacramento's Pacific Legal Foundation sued the federal government; Examination of the construction of mud puddles on 10.2 acres of land;...