Boswell: electoral disaster over marine parks."
- This land is your land? Coyle, Jay // Yachting;Apr97, Vol. 181 Issue 4, p20
Comments on the controversy surrounding the designation and management of Florida Keys as a National Marine Sanctuary. Provisions of the sanctuary program; Implications of the program for boaters; Agencies responsible for responding to and initiating damage assessment and restorations;...
- Marine park to open in Antarctic. // Junior Scholastic;09/20/99, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p5
Announces the plan of the Australian government to open a marine park around Macquarie Island.
- Don't Fence Me Out. Brownlee, John // Salt Water Sportsman;Jun2008, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the author's views about the significance of marine protected areas in California and the Gulf of Mexico.
- The great debate. Stehr, Hagen // Professional Fisherman;Sep2001, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p6
Comments on the debate on whaling and whale sanctuaries. Efforts of the governments of Australia and New Zealand in convincing other nations on their ideas of forming a South Pacific whale sanctuary; Accusations against the government of Australia for bullying other countries into supporting...
- OCEAN HAVEN. Grunbaum, Mara // Science World;9/17/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the proposed marine reserves network of the Australian Government in the country's Great Barrier Reef, which is the largest of its kind in the world.
- Frozen in Time. BLAKE, ERICA // Sport Diver;Aug2010, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p18
The article highlights the Sanilac Shores Underwater Preserve in Michigan, one of the twelve state preserves and which is also one of the top diving destinations in Michigan.
- Canada Designates Marine Park. // National Parks;Jan/Feb88, Vol. 62 Issue 1/2, p11
Reports that Canada's first national marine park was established on the Bruce Peninsula. Federal-provincial cooperation resulting in the creation of the park; Incorporation of Cyprus Lake and Fathom Five provincial parks; Ontario's decision to donate the lands to the Canadian national park system.
- Best Marine Environment. Schrope, Mark // Scuba Diving;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p52
The article offers information on Fiji, which placed second in the Pacific and Indian Ocean Best Marine Environment category of the magazine's 2013 Top 100 Readers Choice Awards, including small marine-protected areas and environment-friendly dive operators.
- Prize Possessions. // Sport Diver;Oct2010, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p54
The article features five of the best underwater marine parks and reserves around the world which include the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, El Nido Marine Park in the Philippines, Galapagos Island in Ecuador, Cayman Islands and the Ras Mohammed National Park in Egypt.