The Waiting Room
- Australian Fisheries Management: world's best or worst? The case of the Northern Demersal Scalefish Fishery. Starck, Walter // Ausmarine;Jan2009, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses management issues at the Northern Demersal Scalefish Fishery in Australia. A deepwater trap fishery in Broome is limited to a total of 11 licenses each permitting the equivalent of 20 traps per day for an allocated number of fishing days per year. The fishing grounds...
- The influence of vessel size and fishing strategy on the fishing effort for multispecies fisheries in northwestern France. Le Pape, O.; Vigneau, J. // ICES Journal of Marine Science / Journal du Conseil;Dec2001, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p1232
The aim of this work is to study the factors that influence nominal fishing effort in the Bay of Seine fishing fleets. The nominal fishing effort of a fishing vessel is modeled gear by gear according to the data of a 1991 investigation on practical fishing methods.
- An Economic Approach to Measuring Fishing Effort: Application to a Dutch Cutter Fleet. Smit, Wil // Marine Resource Economics;Winter1996, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p305
Assesses the productivity, fishing capacity and fishing effort of a Dutch cutter fleet from 1970 to 1995. Problems in developing an economic model for fisheries management; Characteristics of Dutch fleets; Time series analysis of productivity, capacity and fishing effort of the vessels.
- ON STUDY AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE CONCEPT OF THE FISHING VESSEL FOR THE REMOVED CRAFTS OF COASTAL FISHERY IN VIETNAM. Ngo Due Thang; Nguyen Trung Anh // Vestnik of Astrakhan State Technical University. Series: Marine ;2013, Issue 1, p28
The questions of formation of the concept of a fishing vessel for the removed areas of coastal fishery of Vietnam are considered. The integrated diagrams of the basic industrial operations and their functional ensuring with reference to a wide range of features of purpose of fishing vessels of...
- Evaluating the effect of real-time closures on cod targeting. Needle, Coby L.; Catarino, Rui // ICES Journal of Marine Science / Journal du Conseil;Sep2011, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p1647
Needle, C. L., and Catarino, R. 2011. Evaluating the effect of real-time closures on cod targeting. â€“ ICES Journal of Marine Science, 68: 1647â€“1655.Under its Conservation Credits scheme to reduce cod mortality, the Scottish Government has implemented a system of real-time closures...
- Do big boats tow big nets? Reid, D. G.; Graham, N.; Rihan, D. J.; Kelly, E.; Gatt, I. R.; Griffin, F.; Gerritsen, H. D.; Kynoch, R. J. // ICES Journal of Marine Science / Journal du Conseil;Sep2011, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p1663
Reid, D. G., Graham, N., Rihan, D. J., Kelly, E., Gatt, I. R., Griffin, F., Gerritsen, H. D., and Kynoch, R. J. 2011. Do big boats tow big nets? â€“ ICES Journal of Marine Science, 68: 1663â€“1669.Fishing vessel capacity for trawlers is generally expressed in terms of length, tonnage,...
- APPENDIX 4: CODE FOR THE CONDUCT OF AN INSPECTOR OF VESSELS. // FAO Technical Guidelines for Responsible Fisheries;2015, p71
No abstract available.
- APPENDIX 11: FISHERIES MANAGEMENT. // FAO Technical Guidelines for Responsible Fisheries;2015, p119
No abstract available.
- Potential Gains from Cooperation for Vessels and Countries. Yeto, Susana Cabrera; Garcia, Rosario G�mez; Bravo, Gumersindo Ru�z // Marine Resource Economics;Summer1997, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p145
In this paper, we consider a model in which fishing boats or firms share the stock of fish in a fishing ground. The catches made by each firm reduce the stock available for the rest of the firms, which directly affects their profits. We aim to quantify in a static framework the gain in welfare...