Time to (Se)cede
- Performance-based pricing for nuclear power plants. Che, Yeon-Koo; Rothwell, Geoffrey // Energy Journal;1995, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p57
Examines the incentive regulations of United States public utility commissions to promote the operating efficiency of nuclear power plants. Efficient operation model; Target capacity factor approach; Performance-based pricing approach.
- Japan's breeder is for burning. Hadfield, Peter // New Scientist;4/23/94, Vol. 142 Issue 1922, p9
Reports on Japan's plans for its fast reactors. Use of nuclear power plant Monju to burn up plutonium; Long-term energy policy; Science and Technology nuclear fuel division director Yasutaka Moriguchi's note of caution over the project; Critics' views; Description of a fast breeder reactor;...
- Manila shelves nuclear plant conversion. // Modern Power Systems;Feb95, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the Philippines' decision to shelve plans to convert the mothballed Bataan nuclear power plant into a combined power station.
- Sixth unit at Zaporozhye to enter service. // Modern Power Systems;Feb95, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the Ukranian government's approval of plans to put the sixth generating unit of the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant into service. Plan to commission the plant by 1997; Cost of the project.
- Nuclear power privatization slated for this year. // Modern Power Systems;Feb98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the intentions of the Argentine government to continue its plans to privatize its nuclear power industry.
- Nuclear power at Druridge Bay. Baggott, Rob // Parliamentary Affairs;Jul98, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p384
Focuses on the political opposition against the construction of a nuclear power plant at Druridge Bay in Great Britain, highlighting the governments policy on its construction. Relative failure of local protest campaigns to successfully reach their aims; Basis behind the opposition against...
- Megawatts could hold mega prospects. Thomas, Stafford // Finance Week;7/7/2003, p28
Reports on regulatory approval for South Africa's pebble bed modular nuclear reactor project. Revenue expected from the plant; Year when electricity can be generated; Difference from conventional plant; Financing for the project.
- Russian reactor deal on course. // Modern Power Systems;Jul95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p7
Reports on Russia's intentions to build a nuclear power plant in Iran in spite of objections from the United States.
- If you know a better hole... Blowers, Andrew // New Scientist;05/10/97, Vol. 154 Issue 2081, p55
Comments on the challenges facing the British government on its nuclear power facilities. Efforts to find a repository for its growing mound of radioactive waste; Political hindrance to the government's efforts to find a technical solution to the problem; Opposition to Nyrex's `green field' sites.