Barton Queries FCC Quotes
- FCC to Push Neutrality. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;5/3/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p10
The article reports on the move of Julius Genachowski, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), to insure network neutrality regardless of the court battle on open Internet case in the U.S.
- DONT TREAD ON ME. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;11/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p4
The article focuses on network neutrality regulation which is considered as the most controversial regulatory threat for cable operators in the U.S. It mentions the impact brought by the return of Republicans as the majority in the House of Representatives after the country's midterm elections...
- Our vote on neutrality. Dix, John // Network World;12/6/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p3
The article discusses the network neutrality framework outlined by U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski in a speech in December 2010. It notes the meaningful transparency that the framework requires so consumers would know what service providers are doing. It...
- Telecom ally breaks rank on net neutrality. Jerome, Sara // Hill;12/7/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 125, p13
The article reports that free-market think tank Free State Foundation (FSF) had opposed the net-neutrality proposal made by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Julius Genachowski.
- Title II: The Nets' Net. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 43, p24
The author reflects on the failure of U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Julius Genachowski to push his proposed Title II reclassification for the expansion of network neutrality rule. The author says that Genachowski guaranteed to solicit data from the sector and public to...
- Internet Cop. Suderman, Peter // Reason;Mar2011, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p20
The article focuses on the concept of net neutrality and the U.S. government's efforts to regulate Internet. It is said that Julius Genachowski, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), seems to be looking for ways to control the Web's network infrastructure and he is hiding...
- Net Non-Neutrality. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/28/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 36, p30
The author reflects on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its first big policy call from its appointed chairman Julius Genachowski. He notes the announcement of Genachowski on the pursuance of codified network neutrality rules. The author also mentions the Genachowski's ways of...
- Genachowski: Net-Neutrality Suit 'Distracting' // Multichannel News;1/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p10
The article presents the views of Julius Genachowski, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on network-neutrality regulations of FCC, expressed in an interview at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Status Quo? Think Again. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;11/12/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p2
The article discusses the outcomes of the U.S. presidential election on an issue related to network neutrality in the U.S. It reports that Barack Obama after winning the election got another chance to bring advancement in an all-broadband communications agenda. It informs about the U.S. Federal...