Policing Online Privacy
- Request for Comments on Department of Commerce Green Paper, Copyright Policy, Creativity, and Innovation in the Digital Economy. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;11/5/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 214, p66337
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Commerce's Internet Policy Task Force (Task Force) has published a notice of public meeting and a request for public comments on five issues critical to economic growth, job creation, and cultural development that were identified in the...
- Internet Governance Overview: How Snowden Didn't Really Change Anything After All. Satola, David; Kelly, Michael J. // Business Law Today;Nov2014, p1
The article provides an overview of Internet governance in the U.S., highlighting computer professional Edward Snowden who leaked documents on global surveillance programs by the National Security Agency in partnership with several countries. It examines the multi-stakeholder method in Internet...
- Task force seeks support. Charles, N.S. // Black Enterprise;Oct90, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p22
Describes the efforts of the Wharton St. Croix Task Force. Origins of the group from the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School of Business; Focus on helping St. Croix businessmen get back on their feet in the wake of Hurricane Hugo.
- Time for a change? // CPA Journal;Feb95, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the examination by the FASB of the activities of the Emerging Issues Task Force (EITF). Establishing a committee to review its structure and operations; Composition of the membership; Designing the questionnaire; Comment on the practice of the FASB staff and the SEC observer of...
- Credentials guidelines drafted. // American City & County;Jun96, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p61
Reports that the Joint Society Task Force on Environmental Credentials (JSTFEC) has drafted an initial set of guidelines to resolve the problem of credential proliferation in the environmental profession. Calls for review and comment to the guideline; Contact information.
- Portability without politics. Vittore, Vince // America's Network;5/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p42
Reports on the New York Number Portability Trial Task Force's technology trial on local number portability. Comments from task force co-chair, Suzzanne Yerdon; Selection of the vendor; Benefits for carriers; Use of existing database architectures; Need for the neutrality of the administrator.
- UK: Govt launches Islamic finance task force. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;May2013, p21
The article reports on the launch of the Islamic Finance Task Force by the British government to cement the status of London as Islamic finance western hub.
- Time to trade in the tired klaxon. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/26/98, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p22
Editorial. Comments on the Managed Health Care Improvement Task Force which was established by the state legislature and Governor Pete Wilson during April, 1997. Comparison of recommendations made by the task force to President Bill Clinton's `Patients' Bill of Rights'; Reference to comments...
- East Texas Copper Theft Task Force asks for consumer's vigilance. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);10/4/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 40, p1
The article reports that East Texas have formed a task force to reduce copper theft, which has become a common crime in the state.