Best Buy's TV Turnoff
- Analysts Give Mixed 3D, IPTV Reviews For Q4. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/7/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p56
The article reports on the varied predictions of market analysts for premium three-dimensional (3D) and Internet-connected television (TV) features in the U.S. in November 2011.
- 3DTV, IETV GROWING. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/2/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p10
The article reports that DisplaySearch is expecting an increase in worldwide shipments of three dimensional (3D)-compatible TV sets and Internet-connected TVs (IETVs).
- 3D, IPTV, Mobile TV In CES Spotlight. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/20/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p6
The article reports on the expected introduction of three-dimensional, mobile and Internet protocol (IP) television (TV) at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
- SMART THINKING. // Tech Trader;May2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p22
The article offers information on the smart television (TV) trend in 2011. It mentions that though LG Electronics would focus on Smart TV, the company seemed to have heavier focus on three-dimensional (3D) TV because of the introduction of Cinema 3D that would make 3D TV more accessible for...
- A renaissance? O'Halloran, Joe // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Mar/Apr2010, p6
The article focuses on the three dimensional (3D) television broadcast of sports games. The Arsenal Man United game was the world's first live sports 3D TV broadcast Great Britain. According to the author, despite the economic instability, the broadcast industry has come out with new services...
- THE ASCENT OF TUBE. // Daily Variety;1/10/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 7, p15
The article focuses on new technological innovation for the television set industry. It states that despite the search for new innovations in television sets including three-dimensional display systems and internet functionality, consumers are not impressed by them. It also mentions that user...
- ELECTRONIC DELIVERY. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;10/11/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p3
An interview with Ken Morse, chief technology officer of the Service Provider Video Technology Group of Cisco, is presented. According to Morse, video will dominate the Internet and responsible for 91% of consumer Internet traffic. He noted that Cisco will also offer content for 3DTV. Morse also...
- Celestial Movies Pay-TV is now offering 3D Chinese movies. Lei Jin // Asia Pacific Arts;10/24/2011, p1
The article reports that Celestial Movies, a subscription television channel, will offer the first three-dimensional (3D) Chinese motion pictures in China through Internet Protocol television (IPTV) operator Now TV. It is informed that the subscribers with 3D television sets could watch 3D...
- Fearless predictions: Don't look now, but... Santo, Brian // CED;Jan2011, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p3
The article offers the author's prediction on the cable television industry in 2011. The author says that three-dimensional (3-D) technology might appeal to sports fans as multichannel video programming distributors (MVPDs) will continue competing in some other basis than price. He also states...