Bedeviled by Sky Angel Decision
- Sky Angel Sues C-SPAN for Carriage. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;11/19/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p16
The article informs that U.S.-based Sky Angel has filed a suit against C-SPAN in relation with public affairs network.
- FCC Decision on MVPD Status for OTT Providers Worries Broadcast Industry. Hill, Jeffrey // Satellite News;5/18/2012, p1
The article focuses on the decision given by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the dispute between over-the-top (OTT) video programming company Sky Angel and Discovery Communications Inc. Sky Angel paid a monthly license fee for the channels to Discovery. Mixed reactions were...
- What's a Multichannel Video Provider? // Multichannel News;4/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p19
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is searching for answers on how a multichannel video-programming distributor (MVPD) should be defined. It states that comments and answers to FCC's questions may determine the future of online and traditional program...
- C-SPAN : Sky Angel Arguments Won't Fly. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;1/21/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p14
The article reports that the television network C-SPAN filed a motion to dismiss a complaint filed against it by the company Sky Angel in the U.S. District Court of Washington D.C.
- From the Heavens. Downey, Kevin // Broadcasting & Cable;7/31/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 30, p20
This article reports on an advertising campaign by Sky Angel satellite services to better promote religious networks and faith-based programming to its subscribers. The campaign will reach beyond Christian bookstores and television stations. Networks included in its line-up are Trinity...
- What's in a Name? // Broadcasting & Cable;10/6/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 36, p32
The author looks at a proposal of media planning specialist, the Media Bureau, to classify online video providers as multichannel video programming distributors (MVPDs). Topics mentioned include the need for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to weigh in on MVPDs, the decision of...
- Free the enterprise. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/20/95, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p82
No abstract available.
- Washington watch. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/10/95, Vol. 125 Issue 15, p78
Reports on government actions affecting the broadcasting industry. United States Federal Communications Commission's approval of New World's plans to transfer stations into a trust; Testimony in favor of federal funding for educational technology; Public opinion regarding the...
- Washington watch. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/17/95, Vol. 125 Issue 16, p56
Presents issues related to broadcasting policies. Federal Communications Commission's spectrum auction fever; Abolition of the minority tax-certificate program; Seminar on network rules; Opposition to telephone company-cable buyouts and joint ventures; Satellite radio as a reality; Hearing on...