TWC Faces 30 Drops In Sinclair Dispute
- TW does digital in NYC. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/21/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 8, p18
Reports the television networks and movie channels included in the digital television branded package from Time Warner Cable in New York, New York. Odyssey and the Discovery Channel as part of regular networks in the package; List of excluded stations and networks; HBO, Showtime and Cinemax as...
- WCNY starts cable channel. Grossman, Naomi // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;5/13/96, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p1
Reports on WCNY-TV's agreement to provide full-time cable programming on Time Warner Cable in Central New York. Expansion in cable television service; Comments from company officials; Public service broadcasting.
- TW boosts Fox's biz net. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/4/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 3, p7
The article reports a business agreement was signed between Time Warner Cable (TW) and Fox News related to a new business channel produced by Fox News. The start date of the business channel is not yet announced. The article mentions that under the terms of the agreement, Time Warner Cable to...
- New Look for Time Warner's 'Tele' // Multichannel News;5/16/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p3
Focuses on the plan of Time Warner Cable to launch Nuestra Tele, a new suite of Spanish-language and Hispanic-themed video services, across the U.S. Aim of the plan; Television channels in which the suite will be shown; States where the suite will be broadcast.
- Retrans war gets nasty in Ohio. Moss // Multichannel News;11/8/99, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the retransmission consent battle between Time Warner Cable and CBS Corp. affiliate WBNS of Columbus, Ohio. Launch of advertising campaigns over the issue of whether Ohio News Network should win carriage from Time Warner; Dispatch Broadcast Group's rejection of a three-pronged offer...
- Alamo Averted, Lin Fight Continues for Time Warner Cable. Reynolds, MIke // Multichannel News;10/20/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p8
The article discusses the dispute between Time Warner Cable and LIN TV. It is said that Time Warner Cable has made a deal with KSAT-TV, a Post-Newsweek television station in Texas, to restore ABC shows to customers in San Antonio. Meanwhile, several LIN TV stations remain unavailable to Time...
- Retrans turnabout in Maine. JF // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p11
Reports on the return of WCSH-TV to the Time Warner cable system after agreeing to compensate the system for carriage. Compensation in the form of advertising spots promoting cable and granting of right to carry any NBC programming which WCSH-TV pre-empts; Waiver of WCSH-TV's syndicated...
- Indy carriage fight flares. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;01/06/97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p2
States that WTHR-TV, an affiliate television station of NBC in Indianapolis, went off suburban Time Warner Cable systems on January 1, 1997, following a dispute over retransmission consent. Resumption of services by WTHR-TV; Factors which contributed to the dispute.
- TW Cable solos with sports nets. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;10/1/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the launch of Time Warner Cable Deportes and Time Warner Cable SportsNet channels by Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC).