New Platforms, Old Business Models
- Real money. Mehegan, Sean; Ebenkamp, Becky; Elkin, Tobi; Thompson, Stephanie // MediaWeek;02/23/98, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p36
Provides information on several television (TV) advertisements (ad). Launching of the Treasures brand of chocolate nuggets by Nestle Chocolate & Confections; Details on the TV ad for Lugz sneakers; Budget for the ads for the digital still cameras and camcorders of JVC; Other product advertisements.
- Q Is commercial TV set to finish 2013 on a high? Banham, Mark // Campaign;9/27/2013, p22
The article presents various opinions on the growth of television advertising in Great Britain in 2013.
- State of the region. Giardina // SHOOT;03/01/96, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p17
Discusses the state of the commercial industry in New England. Dramatic growth in the postproduction business; Digital revolution in Boston, Massachusetts; Successful production companies based in the region; Existence of film-to-tape rooms in Boston.
- Short cuts. Piti // SHOOT;06/20/97, Vol. 38 Issue 25, p36
Reports on developments related to television advertising and television commercial films as of June 20, 1997. Includes Darrell Van Citters' direction of the animated short film `Pullet Surprise'; Lightning Dubbs' expansion of its Hollywood facility.
- California spot spodn. soars; Film permits up 35% in `97. Takaki // SHOOT;01/30/98, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the increased business activity in California's television commercial production sector. Increase in output of television commercials; Issuance of filming permits; Factors behind the sector's performance; Efforts to attract filmmakers.
- Spot Shooting Days Increase in L.A. Takaki, Millie // SHOOT;01/21/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the increase in overall location shoot days in Los Angeles, California for 1999. Link of commercial production activity to the increase; Comparison of 1998 and 1999 statistics; Effect of the negotiations between the Screen Actors Guild and the Joint Policy Committee on commercial...
- Latin America/Caribbean tropic carnival. Gilbert, Daniela // SHOOT;7/1/94, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p23
Focuses on the trend towards the production of commercials in Latin America. Comments from some United States-based commercial producers on the trend; Reasons for the trend; Easiest port of entry; Advantages of having affiliates in Latin America; Differences between shooting in the U.S. and...
- 5 things you need to know this week. Roderick, Leonie // Marketing Week (Online Edition);9/25/2015, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue as of September 2015 including the debut of television (TV) advertising 60 years ago, TV as the most effective medium for mass reach, and the most effective TV campaigns.
- Nothing for something. Light, Deborah // Bulletin with Newsweek;08/15/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6237, p44
Focuses on developments related to television advertising in Australia as of August 15, 2000. Confusion with advertisers' television commercial films; Television advertising by banks; Factors affecting the development of television commercials.