- Call for tenants' stake in social housing. // Money Marketing;7/18/2002, p7
Provides information on a report launched by the Chartered Institute of Housing and the Institute for Public Policy Research in Great Britain which recommends the tenants' stake in social housing as of July 2002. Objective of the report.
- Tenants `are key' to better social housing. Meilton, David // Public Finance;06/30/2000, p10
Focuses on the British Public Services Productivity Panel report `Putting Your House in Order,' on the need for councils and registered social landlords to involve tenants in handling problem estates and urban regeneration. Manner by which tenants are affected by improvements and repairs to...
- One-third of HA tenants want to move. // Public Finance;09/29/2000, p12
Presents survey results revealing that more than a third of housing association tenants in Great Britain want to move out of their homes. Complaints on aspects of the home and on neighborhood problems; Satisfaction with registered social landlords; People's perception of housing association homes.
- Coventry Building Society's BTL benefits stance 'under review'. Thomas, Paul // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/14/2013, p39
The article reports that stance on landlords with tenants on housing benefits has been softened by TMW and BM Solutions, which has led Coventry Building Society to review its buy-to-let lending criteria.
- Seven ways to boost social housing supply. // Regeneration & Renewal;8/9/2010, p18
In this article the author discusses how to boost social housing supply.
- Social homes allocation must be based on need. // Regeneration & Renewal;8/9/2010, p18
In this article the author discusses the allocation for social housing in Great Britain.
- Tenants are 'pawns' in stock transfers. Merrick, Neil // Public Finance;10/06/2000, p11
Reveals that British council tenants are being coerced into voting for stock transfer without any guarantee that they will have any say in the running of their new housing association. Concerns expressed by Cora Carter, secretary of Tenants and Residents Organizations of England; Possibility of...
- Homes where the money is. Merrick, Neil // Public Finance;12/03/99, p26
Reports on the continued rise in the rate of large-scale voluntary transfers of council housing properties in Great Britain. London councils' proposal to transfer their homes to other types of registered social landlord (RSL); Number of homes likely to be transferred to RSL in 1999; Reason for...
- Tenants give council landlords a thumbs-up. Merrick, Neil // Public Finance;12/01/2000, p12
Reports that council housing has received a vote of confidence from tenants, according to a survey of British Social Attitudes for the year 2000. Council tenants' preference to rent from the local authority rather than any other landlord; People's preference to buy rather than rent a home.