Bell Labs' Video Vision
- Bell Labs Demos DSP Offering. Murphy, Tom // Electronic News;02/14/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p4
Provides information on the digital signal processor (DSP) technology developed by Bell Labs. How the DSP works; Design challenge involving DSP.
- The Legacy of DSP1. Hesseldahl, Arik // Electronic News;11/08/99, Vol. 45 Issue 45, p44
Focuses on the history of the single-chip digital signal processor (DSP1) created by the engineers at Bell Labs company. Information on the project which developed DSP1; Initial problem encountered by the project; Alternatives which were considered to deal with the problem.
- Digital Techniques Hold Key To 4G Infrastructure. // Microwaves & RF;Apr2010, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p33
The article focuses on the application of cellular femtocells which aims to provide access top fourth-generation (4G) communication services to homes and small businesses. Radio Frequency (RF) and microwave designers aim to leverage digital technologies ranging from advanced digital modulation...
- The Great 3G Phone Debate. Fyffe, Steven // Electronic News;05/28/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 22, p28
Discusses whether third generation (3G) wireless networks can re-invigorate cellular phone sales and trigger a buying spree in digital signal processors. Reasons for the delay in the general roll-out of 3G technologies; Challenges facing 3G technology in the United States; Features of a...
- Feature-rich systems continually gobble up more millwatts. Slade, Brendon // Portable Design;Sep2003, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p31
Forecasts the growth in the demand for digital signal processing (DSP) devices with wireless applications. Need to consider power, performance and material costs in designing DSPs.
- Intel to take on TI in the DSP space. Popovich, Ken // eWeek;12/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p16
Announces the launching of the digital-signal processor (DSP) of the Intel Corp. in New York. Increase in DSP sales with strong mobile phone sales; Impact of the Texas Instruments Inc. on the company DSP profitability; Need for Intel to focus on the development of wireless computing appliances;...
- Guest Editorial: Special Issue on Embedded Signal Processing Circuits and Systems for Cognitive Radio-Based Wireless Communication Devices. Vinod, A.; Lai, Edmund; Meher, Pramod; Palicot, Jacques; Mirabbasi, Shahriar // Circuits, Systems & Signal Processing;Aug2011, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p683
An introduction to the special issue on embedded signal processing circuits and systems for cognitive radio-based wireless communication devices, is presented.
- The wireless superchips. Emmett, Arielle // America's Network;06/15/97, Vol. 101 Issue 12, p22
Interviews heads of Lucent Microelectronic Groups, Texas Instruments and Motorola about their companies' endeavor in internal wireless technology. How mixed signal works; Trends in wireless electronics; Digital signal processing's (DSP) evolution; Manufacture and cost of analog technology;...
- DSP IS SPELLED I-N-T-E-G-R-A-T-I-O-N IN 2003. Massimini, Tony // Electronic Design;1/6/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p52
Focuses on the role of digital signal processing (DSP) in wireless communications in the U.S. Percentage of accounts for DSP sales; Integration of baseband processor; Usability of the central processing unit and DSP.