Young Investors Awards Program
- The effects of teacher unions on the probability of dropping out of high school. Zwerling, Harris L.; Thomason, Terry // Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector;1994, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p239
Studies the effects of teacher unions on the probability of dropping out of high school by male and female students. Dropout probability of male students; Performance of the public education system.
- TEACHER UNIONS AND THE PRODUCTIVITY OF PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Eberts, Randall W.; Stone, Joe A. // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Apr87, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p354
Do teacher unions affect the productivity of public schools? The authors examine this question using individual student data from the Sustaining Effects Survey sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education. Holding resources constant and using achievement gains on standardized tests as the...
- Honors craftsmen. // Stone World;Feb95, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the Construction Association of South Florida's 1995 Annual Craftsmanship Awards banquet to recognize the superior skills of tradesmen who worked on projects throughout southern Florida. Projects honored by the association.
- Best of British. // British Woodworking;Aug/Sep2011, Issue 25, p28
The article reports that the Best Use of British Timber will be awarding 500 pounds to the winner at the Celebration of Craftsmanship and Design in Great Britain in 2011, in which entries will be judged according to craftsmanship, design, and correct use of timber.
- Rotten Apples. Leaf, Jonathan // National Review;12/8/1997, Vol. 49 Issue 23, p40
This article deals with the reform issue surrounding the public education system in the U.S. in 1997. A major problem, with no obvious solution, is the education-school graduates who are currently teaching in and running the schools. An average Scholastic Achievement Test verbal score of below...
- Future College Enrollment: A Meteoric Rise. // Management Review;May66, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p47
Reports on the projected increase in the number of college students in the U.S. by 1975.
- Graduating Under Pressure. Hirshon, Robert E. // ABA Journal;Nov2001, Vol. 87 Issue 11, p6
Talks about the debt faced by law students in the United States. Amount of debt incurred by graduate students of the class of 1988; Details on loan forgiveness programs offered by several universities; Economic importance of law education.
- Contract approval in Cleveland ends threat of strike. Richardson, Joanna // Education Week;10/27/93, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p4
Reports on Cleveland Teachers' Union members' acceptance of the Cleveland, Ohio school boards' contract offer for salary increases. Percentage of union members voting for approval; Percentage increases in the teachers' salaries; Implications of the union members' close vote.
- Nearing strike deadline, Boston teachers, board approve pact. Richardson, Joanna // Education Week;11/17/93, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the one-year contract agreement between the Boston Teachers Union and the Boston School Committee. Aversion of a strike that would have started November 12, 1993; Provision of a three percent pay hike for teachers.