Where Are We with the Issue of Kids and Weight?
- Associations between Parental Feeding Styles and Childhood Eating Habits: A Survey of Hong Kong Pre-School Children. Lo, Kenneth; Cheung, Calvin; Lee, Albert; Tam, Wilson W. S.; Keung, Vera // PLoS ONE;Apr2015, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p1
Childhood obesity is a global public health issue, including in the Chinese setting, and its prevalence has increased dramatically throughout the last decade. Since the origins of childhood obesity may lie in the pre-school period, factors relating to very young childrenâ€™s food...
- FUSSY EATER. Lamble, Jo // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);7/9/2012, Vol. 63 Issue 28, p75
The article provides an answer to a question on some children as fussy eaters.
- mHealth Platform and Architectures to Provide Nutritional Guidance to Children. Vazquez-Briseno, Mabel; Diaz-Arce, Manuel; Jimenez-Garcia, Elitania; Nieto-Hipolito, J. I. // International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies;Oct2013, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p15
Obesity and eating disorders in children are major problems worldwide. To promote their future well-being, it is important to educate children and teenagers about healthy lifestyle choices. Mobile technology offers many opportunities for helping to prevent health problems; however, the sole use...
- Increasing Breakfast Consumption and Decreasing Childhood Obesity in Low-Income, Ethnically Diverse Youth. Fisher, Jennifer Orlet; Polonsky, H.; Bauer, K.; Sherman, S.; Abel, M.; Veur, S. Vander; Watchers, Weight; Foster, G. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul2015 Supplement, Vol. 47 Issue 4, pS99
An abstract of the article "Increasing Breakfast Consumption and Decreasing Childhood Obesity in Low-Income, Ethnically Diverse Youth" by Jennifer Orlet Fisher et al. is presented.
- Comportamiento alimentario y obesidad infantil en Sonora, MÃ©xico. Meléndez, Juana María; Cañez, Gloria María; Frías, Hevilat // Revista Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales, NiÃ±ez y Juventud;jul-dic2010, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p1131
No abstract available.
- Promoting healthy eating: Useful resources and guidance. // British Journal of School Nursing;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p297
The article offers information on health promotion resources on nutrition and healthy eating. Topics discussed include School Food Standards, free school meals and breakfast clubs, and healthy school meal benefits, public health outcomes resulting from promoting healthy eating to pupils and...
- The obesity epidemic revisited: Where is the starting point? Ogunbanjo, Gboyega A. // South African Family Practice;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p106
The author responds to a letter to the editor on the obesity epidemic. He presents some data on childhood obesity. He suggests that the fight against obesity should start with children due to the fact that obesity in this age group is caused by poor diet and lack of exercise. He also expresses...
- Papel de un desayuno saludable en la prevenciÃ³n de sobrepeso y la obesidad en niÃ±os. López Sotos, A.; Fernández Morell, E.; Santiago Duran, Ma Ángeles; Roquet Sadornil, Tánia // Nutricion Hospitalaria;dic2012 suplemento 3, Vol. 27, p61
No abstract available.
- A Lesson to Raise a Healthy Eater. Satter, Ellyn M. // Healthy Weight Journal;May/Jun1999, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p44
Discusses the concepts that can be taught to support children's capability with eating. Food acceptance; Food regulation; Acceptance of diversity.