Chevy Launches Phony Save-The-Planet Campaign
- Major UK firms make scant use of C02 offsets. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Apr2011, Issue 435, p10
The article discusses a report from Carbon Retirement, a British-based carbon offsetting firm, which suggests that more leading public companies of the country should acquire voluntary carbon offsets to lessen their contribution to climate change. Carbon Retirement estimates that only 0.1% of...
- Emissions: taking a collaborative lead will work better. Xufeng Zhu // Nature;12/10/2009, Vol. 462 Issue 7274, p720
In this article the author discusses the technological collaboration of several rich countries including Japan, Germany, and the U.S. for the achievement of a global low-carbon economy. He notes the announcement to curb carbon emissions by the U.S. and China. Furthermore, he suggests an...
- Operational changes to cut CO2. // Contract Journal;9/9/2009, Vol. 448 Issue 6735, p12
The article reports on the proposed operational alterations to reduce CO2 emissions in the transportation industry in Great Britain. According to Logistics Research Center director at Heriot-Watt University Allan McKinnon, the potential reduction of CO2 emissions will be done through operational...
- Carbon Trading Market Creating Opportunities. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;6/22/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p16
The article presents the new opportunities created by the continued growth in the global carbon trading market and the anticipated adoption of a U.S. climate control bill. TowerGroup research director Stephen Bruel states that the potential for carbon trading is great. But he also noted that...
- Europe to capture carbon. Schiermeier, Quirin // Nature;1/17/2008, Vol. 451 Issue 7176, p232
The article reports on the directive proposal submitted by the European Commission regarding the carbon-dioxide capture and storage (CCS) technology to reduce emissions in Europe. Accordingly, the proposal is the first attempt anywhere in the world to provide a comprehensive legal framework for...
- Untitled. Morgan, Jon // Auto Express;12/12/2012, Issue 1247, p25
The article claims that the high carbon emissions from ministerial cars suggest that the British government has double standards in terms of its policy on carbon mitigation.
- Electric vehicles are key to hitting targets. Wood, Janet // Utility Week;11/27/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p4
The article highlights a study by the engineering firm Parsons Brinckerhoff which states that Great Britain can meet its carbon emissions mitigation target of 80 percent by 2050, but only if all possible measures are introduced including the use of electric vehicles.
- Measures make small contribution to emissions fall. // Utility Week;7/6/2012, p8
The article offers information on the Committee on Climate Change's annual report that reveals the seven percent decline registered by British carbon emissions in 2011.
- As leaders wrangle, global emissions rise further. // Chemical Business;Aug2012, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p38
The article focuses on the report titled "Trends in Global Carbon Dioxide Emissions," released by the Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency (PBL) and the European Commission's Joint Research Centre (JRC). According to the report, the global carbon dioxide emissions increased by 3 percent...