- Ask Whitetail Journal. // Whitetail Journal;Jun2008, p128
The article presents questions and answers related to deer hunting, including how to shoot a bow from a tree stand, how to take care of a buck, and what is meant by Bergmann's Rule.
- YOU ASKED FOR IT. // Ontario Out of Doors;2012 Hunting Annual, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p26
The article presents questions and answers related to hunting including one on using .22-calibre rifle for hunting, one on deer hunting, and one on using bow for deer hunting.
- A TALE OF TWO BUCKS. McKEAN, ANDREW // Outdoor Life;Aug2014, Vol. 221 Issue 7, p71
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience with the limits and capabilities of hunting deer with horizontal crossbows, the Barnett's Ghost 410 and the Barnett's Razr model.
- The Future of the Crossbow. Phillips, John E. // Whitetail Journal;Oct2005, p8
Discusses the arguments on the possibility of allowing bowhunters to use the crossbow option during the deer season in the U.S. Comments of hunters on the use of crossbow; Effect of crossbow hunting on the deer population; Future of crossbow hunting.
- Compound Bow Diagram. Frahm, Randy // Deer Hunting;2002, p18
This article offers a diagram of the compound bow used to hunt deer. Shown are the various components that make up the bow.
- Crossbows Legal In Wisconsin Bow Seasons? // Whitetail Journal;Oct2013, p8
The article reports on the Assembly Bill 194 introduced in the Wisconsin legislature that would allow all hunters to use crossbows during the archery deer hunting season in the state.
- More Michigan Deer Hunters Opting For Crossbows. ABSHER, J. R. // Bowhunting World;2013 Buyer's Guide, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p118
The article discusses a report from the Michigan Department of Natural Resources indicating the growth in the use of crossbows for deer hunting.
- 4 States Approve Crossbows For Archery Season. Sutton, Keith // Cabela's Outfitter Journal;Feb2010, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p21
The article reports on the approval of four more states including New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Texas to allow hunters to use crossbows during bow-only deer hunting seasons.
- What's Wrong? Robb, Bob // Whitetail Journal;Mar2007, p38
The article presents questions and answers related to deer hunting. One person asks if it is true that an arrow hits high when shooting down at deer from a tree stand. Another questions the use of human urine to attract buck during a hunt. A reader asks if there is a possibility that kinetic...