Holler Back--Hamilton County
- Camera Catches Daring Rescue Of Hiker Who Fell Into Yosemite Fall. // National Parks Traveler;6/12/2014, p3
The article reports that a 22-year-old hiker was rescued by a helicopter in Yosemite National Park in California.
- UPDATED: Searches Under Way For Missing Hikers In Rocky Mountain, Kings Canyon National Parks. // National Parks Traveler;7/28/2014, p1
The article reports that officials of the Rocky Mountain National Park and the Kings Canyon National Park have been doing searches for hikers Jay Yamber and an unnamed 13-year-old teenager, both were lost in the respective parks.
- Drones on the trail. Cochrane, Michael // World (0888157X);3/19/2016, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p59
The article reports that a team of researchers at Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Switzerland and University of Zurich, Switzerland have taught a quadcopter drone to follow forest trails and notes that this will aid in search and rescue of missing hikers.
- Search and Rescue. Palm, Rick // QST;Oct2013, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p87
The article presents two cases of Search and Rescue (SAR) operations which involved a hiker who broke his ankle in July 2009 at Mt Baldy, the highest peak in the San Gabriel Mountains and the highest point in Los Angeles County, and a 64-year-old man who had been missing since 1500 on June 27,...
- Search Ongoing For Missing Hiker At Mount Rainier National Park. // National Parks Traveler;7/16/2014, p1
The article focuses on the search for missing 64-year-old hiker Edwin Birch of Tacoma, Washington at the U.S. Mount Rainier National Park. According to park officials, dog teams are helping ground crews while searching from the air is also in the process. It informs that Birch left his car while...
- Rangers Resort To Backcountry "Boot Roast" To Help Lost Rocky Mountain National Park Hiker. Repanshek, Kurt // National Parks Traveler;1/10/2014, p1
The article reports an incident wherein the forest rangers at the Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado saved two lost hikers who have called for help from their cell phone. As mentioned, the male and the female had reached the summit of Flattop Mountain, Larimer County and were lost the track...
- UPDATE: Missing Hiker Walks Out Of Olympic National Park Backcountry. // National Parks Traveler;9/8/2014, p4
The article reports on the existence of Kelly Hall, a hiker at the Olympic National Parkin Washington, D.C. in August 30, 2014 who has been reported missing. Topics discussed include the views of park Superintendent Sarah Creachbaum regarding the rescue for Hall, the search and rescue operations...
- Solo Backpacker Fatally Mauled By Grizzly In Denali National Park. // National Parks Traveler;8/25/2012, p1
The article discusses a solo backpacker who has been fatally mauled by a grizzly bear along the Toklat River in Denali National Park and Preserve. According to park officials, it is believed to be the first fatal mauling in the park's history. The mauling was discovered on Friday afternoon after...
- Mayon explodes, 5 killed. // Filipino Reporter;5/10/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 23, p1
This article reports on the explosion of the Mayon Volcano in Legaspi City, Albay, Philippines which killed four European tourists and a Filipino tourist guide. Search and recovery teams have retrieved the remains of the five victims. Meanwhile, other hikers have survived, including four Thai...