Poaching Doesn't Pay--Montgomery County
- As hunting season begins, poaching declines. Jonsson, Patrik // Christian Science Monitor;11/6/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 242, p3
Reports that the 2000 deer hunting season in the United States has seen less poaching than in previous years. Greater penalties for those caught poaching; Reasons for poaching including the amount paid for items such as bear bladders; Vigor of deer populations.
- License To Poach. Hill, Steven // Field & Stream;Feb2000, Vol. 104 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the public notice issued by Smith County, Kansas, Attorney James Fetters declaring his refusal to prosecute poaching deer in the county.
- The Thrill Killers. McCombie, Brian // Outdoor Life;Oct2010, Vol. 217 Issue 9, p12
The article offers information on the poaching of deers in different states of the U.S.
- Deer-Poaching Ring Broken in Shenandoah. // National Parks;Jan/Feb88, Vol. 62 Issue 1/2, p12
Reports that hunter Donald Wayne was sentenced to prison for illegal deer poaching in Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. Judge Harry J. Michael's stand that killing protected animals is unacceptable; Prison sentence of George Bennett; Number of wildlife poaching arrests in the park; Park's...
- The Penalties of Poaching. McCOMBIE, BRIAN // Outdoor Life;Aug2010, Vol. 217 Issue 7, p46
The article discusses penalties for poaching in the U.S. It states that if one does not wear blaze orange while hunting deer during New York's firearms season then he could have to pay 250 dollars and trespassing with a loaded gun in Florida could make one pay 5,000 dollars. It mentions that...
- The Shed Poachers. BESTUL, SCOTT // Field & Stream;Apr2012, Vol. 116 Issue 11, p19
The article discusses the growing problem of shed poaching, the practice of trespassing to find sheds can killing them illegally. There are threads devoted to foiling or catching shed poachers which are available on deer hunting websites. Some landowners have taken to posting trail-camera...
- The Law in Outlaw Country. Jones, Robert F. // Outdoor Life;Aug99, Vol. 204 Issue 1, p46
Features game warden Brian Hanzlick of Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks. How the poachers illegally hunt deer; Equipment used by Hanzlick; Career and educational background of Hanzlick.
- Eat the Whole Deer. FITZPATRICK, BRAD // Outdoor Life;Nov2011, Vol. 218 Issue 10, p10
The article discusses the texture and nutrition of the organs of deer and offers tips on how to prepare them. It mentions that the lung is rich in vitamins and it can be prepared by cutting the lung into pieces, poaching for 30 minutes in saltwater and sautÃ© with white wine. It states that...
- Coulda been, shoulda been - Poached deer was biggest. Myers, Drew // Ontario Out of Doors;May2005, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that the head mount of the gigantic buck shot illegally in November 2003 near Dryden is now on display at the Dryden and District Museum in northwestern Ontario. The typical 18point whitetail was scored at 192 7/8 by the Boone and Crockett Club method. The deer would have...