Choosing a Holiday Tree to cut…
- Forest Hydrology, Soil Conservation and Green Barriers in Canary Islands. Santamarta-Cerezal, Juan Carlos; Guzmán, Juan; Neris, Jonay; Arraiza, Maria P.; Ioras, Florin // Notulae Botanicae Horti Agrobotanici Cluj-Napoca;Jul-Dec2012, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p9
In volcanic islands, the rainfall regime and its torrential nature, together with the steep slopes and the soil types present are considered to be some of the main factors affecting forest hydrology and soil conservation. In such environments, rain regime is generally irregular and characterized...
- SCS-CN parameter determination using rainfall-runoff data in heterogeneous watersheds. The two-CN system approach. Soulis, K. X.; Valiantzas, J. D. // Hydrology & Earth System Sciences Discussions;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p8963
The Soil Conservation Service Curve Number (SCS-CN) approach is widely used as a simple method for predicting direct runoff volume for a given rainfall event. The CN values can be estimated by being selected from tables. However, it is more accurate to estimate the CN value from measured...
- A Rain Duration and Modified AMC-dependent SCS-CN Procedure for Long Duration Rainfall-runoff Events. Mishra, S. K.; Pandey, R. P.; Jain, M. K.; Singh, Vijay P. // Water Resources Management;Jul2008, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p861
This paper presents a rain duration-dependent procedure based on the popular Soil Conservation Service Curve Number (SCS-CN) methodology for computation of direct surface runoff from long duration rains. Curve numbers are derived from long-term daily rainfall-runoff data, and antecedent moisture...
- Oh, Christmas Tree! // Jacksonville Magazine;Dec2012, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p66
The article offers information on different Christmas tree farms in Florida's First Coast including the Rudolph's Christmas tree farm, the Rogers Christmas tree farm, and the Gustafson tree nursery.
- Custom Christmas. SCHWEN, JODI // Lake Country Journal;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p20
A directory is presented for the Christmas Tree Farms located in Aitkin County, Minnesota.
- A Christmas tradition. Sabbag, Gary E. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Dec98, Vol. 12 Issue 12, pB10
Reports on Shelton's Christmas Tree Farm at Mission Creek Road, Cashmere in Washington State. Types of Christmas trees that can be found in this farm; Price; Reason the Sheltons decided to start a Christmas tree farm.
- Growing holiday cheer. WARD, MINDY // Missouri Ruralist;Dec2015, Vol. 155 Issue 12, p1
The article focuses on Heritage Valley Tree Farm in Missouri and the joy that its tradition of allowing families to go to the woods to find the Christmas tree they want brings to farm owners Vern and Bee Spaunhorst.
- Where to Cut Down Your Own Christmas Tree. K. O. // Avenue: Calgary;Dec2014, p34
The article offers information on the places in Calgary, Alberta to hunt for a Christmas tree such as the Raven Ridge Tree Farm, Powder Face Trail managed by Calgary Junior Forest Warden Society, and the approved areas of the Alberta Sustainable Resource Development.
- The efficiency of artificial materials used for erosion control on steep slopes. Su-Chin Chen; Kuang-Tsung Chang; Shi-Hao Wang; Jun-Yue Lin // Environmental Earth Sciences;Jan2011, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p197
This study investigates the performance of artificial materials used for erosion control on steep slopes under high rainfall intensity. Soil samples were laid on a 300 Ã— 100 cm platform inclined at either 35Â° or 45Â°, after which the soil was covered with various materials and subjected...