Linkedin urges job seekers to lay off buzzwords
- ONE-MINUTE MENTOR. // Fortune;12/6/2010, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p76
The article offers job-seekers who have been employed at one company for a long time tips on how to best present themselves to a potential new employer, including resume organization, traits the job hunter should emphasize, and the updating of professional social networking website Linkedin...
- Raise Your Status. Gourniak, Amy Lynn // Strategic Finance;Jan2010, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p51
The article presents a first person narrative on the online social network Linkedin.
- Consejos para encontrar empleo a trav�s de Linkedin. // Capital Humano;Nov2009, Vol. 22 Issue 237, p6
The article provides advice to users of the on-line social networking Web site Linkedin for finding jobs, including that they should build a network of contacts before it is needed, ensure that their user profiles are complete and current, and get recommendations from colleagues or previous bosses.
- Tips for the Long-term Unemployed. Challenger, John A. // Gulfshore Business;Nov2011, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p16
The article offers tips for the long-term unemployed to take advantage in job creation. It suggests to reconnect with social networks by joining online networking communities like LinkedIn Corp. and interact with former classmates, friends, and officemates. Moreover, it notes to consider an...
- LinkedIn shows shortcuts to search on skillsets. // Recruiter;2/23/2011, p8
The article reviews the web site LinkedIn Skills, located at www.linkedin.com/skills from LinkedIn Corp.
- ONLINE: LinkedIn shows shortcuts to search on skillsets. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);2/24/2011, p8
The article reviews the web site LinkedIn Skills from LinkedIn Corp., located at www.linkedin.com/skills.
- SOCIAL NETWORKING: HOW IT WORKS. Bazyn, Ardis // Braille Forum;Dec2011, p11
The article presents an overview of how social networking works, particularly for people with visual disabilities in the U.S. It mentions the significance of Linkedln for professional interaction and works well for business connection, serious networking or in job hunting. The effort concerted...
- Why LinkedIn is the social network that will never die. SLUTSKY, IRINA // Advertising Age;12/6/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 43, p2
The article focuses on the Internet industry company LinkedIn, operator of the online social network of the same name. The strong and consistent growth in membership of LinkedIn is discussed, as is the fact the company has almost doubled its number of employees in 2010. The growth is attributed...
- HERE'S HOW TO POWER UP YOUR LINKEDIN NETWORK. Ropella, Patrick B. // Happi: Household & Personal Products Industry;Feb2012, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p42
The article focuses on human capital management and discusses the usefulness of Linkedin network to job aspirants. It informs on several ways by which one can make sure one gets access to Linkedin fully and gets noticed when it comes to job hunting. It informs on how to take advantage of...