LA SECT. LONCHOCARPUS DEL Gï¿½NERO LONCHOCARPUS (LEGUMINOSAE, PAPILIONOIDEAE, MILLETTIEAE): NUEVAS ESPECIES Y SUBESPECIE PARA Mï¿½XICO Y MESOAMï¿½RICA
- EL GÃ‰NERO MUELLERA L. f. EN MESOAMÃ‰RICA Y NORTE DE SUDAMÃ‰RICA. Sousa, S. Mario; Sotuyo, Solange // Acta Botanica Mexicana;jul2012, Issue 100, p15
A preliminary phylogenetic analysis with nuclear ribosomal internal transcriber spacers (nrITS) sequence supports Muellera as a monophyletic group, sister of the genus Dahlstedtia, both groups sisters of Lonchocarpus. Thirteen species of Muellera from Mesoamerica and north of South America were...
- AECHMEA AENIGMATICA (BROMELIACEAE; BROMELIOIDEAE) UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DEL ESTADO DE OAXACA, MÃ‰XICO. LÓPEZ-FERRARI, ANA ROSA; ESPEJO-SERNA, ADOLFO; CEJA-ROMERO, JACQUELINE; MENDOZA-RUIZ, ANICETO // Acta Botanica Mexicana;abr2011, Issue 95, p1
No abstract available.
- Range extension of Alysicarpus naikianus Pokle (Fabaceae) in western India. Chavan, S. Y.; Sardesai, M. M. // Journal of Threatened Taxa;May2012, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p2590
The article focuses on the Alysicarpus naikianus Pokle or Fabaceae in western India. It discusses the origin and the growth of Alysicarpus naikianus Pokle population. It examines the specimens of the Alysicarpus naikianus Pokle. It also states that its flowering and fruiting fall every...
- PITCAIRNIA YOCUPITZIAE (BROMELIACEAE; PITCAIRNIOIDEAE), NOTABLE NUEVA ESPECIE DE GUERRERO, Mï¿½XICO. // Acta Botanica Mexicana;oct2010, Issue 93, p103
No abstract available.
- Studies on Orthophytum - Part IV: Two Unusual New Species from Brazil. Leme, Elton M. C.; Machado, Marlon C. // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p171
The article presents information on two species of Orthophytum from Brazil. The description and distribution of Orthophytum macroflorum are given. The flowers, species, distribution and description of Orthophytum schulzianum.
- Hymenocydus = Malephora. Hartmann, H. E. K. // Illustrated Handbook of Succulent Plants: Aizoaceae F-Z;2002, p63
This article compares various species of the succulent plants Hymenocyclus and Malephora.
- Developments in Mabonia. Shaw, Julian // Plantsman: New Series;Mar2011, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p44
The article presents the findings of the research on the cultivated Mahonia. The research described several new species or taxa and validated cultivar names. Mahonia gracilipes is a distinctive species due to its white waxy underside of the leaflets and the species has two hybrids. The research...
- NEW NAMES FOR NATURAL HYBRIDS IN SARRACENIA. MELLICHAMP, LARRY // Carnivorous Plant Newsletter;Dec2008, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p112
The author identifies several natural hybrids of the plant Sarracenia in the U.S. He cites that he recognizes Sarracenia rosea Naczi, Case & Case in the Gulf Coast as a valid species formerly known as Sarracenia purpurea subspecies venosa variety burkii Schnell. He states that the hybrid...
- Psoralea karooensis (Psoraleeae, Fabaceae): a new species from the Klein Karoo region of South Africa. Stirton, Charles H.; Muasya, A. Muthama; Vlok, Jan // PhytoKeys;2012, Issue 17, p19
A new species of Psoralea is described. Psoralea karooensis C.H. Stirt., Muasya & Vlok is endemic to mountain streams in the Klein Karoo region of the Western Cape Province, South Africa. The new species is characterised by its flexuose habit of many stiff bare stems with the seasonal shoots...