Spanish university confers honorary doctorate on Manasse
- QUOTABLES. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jul2011, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p14
The article presents quotes from Lucian Leape of the Harvard School of Public Health on the prevention of patient safety incidents and university student Jennifer Dearden of the University of South Florida on designated smoking areas.
- Reinertsen honored with Eisenberg award. // Healthcare Risk Management;Mar2011, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p35
The article announces that James L. Reinertsen, MD, has received a 2010 John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality award from The Joint Commission (TJC) and the National Quality Forum.
- Patient safety: where nothing is unavoidable. Gulland, Anne // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;3/24/2012, Vol. 344 Issue 7849, p42
The article offers information on nominees for the 2012 patient safety award given by the journal "BMJ: British Medical Journal." It has been informed that National Health Service (NHS) London reconfigured stroke services in London, England, by launching a model of care in July 2010 with the...
- Making the NHS a safer place. Gulland, Anne // BMJ: British Medical Journal;4/5/2014, Vol. 348 Issue 7952, p18
The article presents profiles of five teams shortlisted for the award for improving patient safety in Great Britain. Particular focus is given to the Great Ormond Street Hospital National Health Service (NHS) Foundation Trust, West Midlands Perinatal Institute, and Victoria's Legacy in Kettering...
- News Briefs. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 13, p1192
The article offers news briefs related to pharmacy including professionals selected for the American Pharmacist Association's 2011 One to One Patient Counseling Recognition program and honorary doctorates received by William A. Zellmer, president of Pharmacy Foresight in Bethesda, Maryland.
- APhM: 20 questions to talk over with patients. Yap, Diana // Pharmacy Today;Aug2012, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p56
The article offers information on the top 20 questions which can be asked by pharmacists to patients including one on the patient's prescribed medication, purpose of the medication and how and when medication must be taken.
- Outback innovation improves safety. O'Halloran, Dan // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Aug2012, Vol. 93 Issue 1107, p32
The article presents information on Outback Pharmacies that has reviewed its three pharmacy operations based in Broken Hill, New South Wales. It informs that the patient safety after the hospital admission and discharge has been improved as a result of innovations and collaboration of...
- IN BRIEF. // Australian Nursing Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p27
This section offers news briefs on issues related to nursing research in Australia. Researchers from the University of New South Wales (UNSW) plan to improve the patient safety record of hospitals around the country, says Jeffery Braithwaite, director of the Institute for Health Innovation at...
- In Michigan, accelerating the Learning Curve on quality. KREIMER, SUSAN // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Aug2012, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p46
The article presents an overview of the American Hospital Association's Dick Davidson Quality Milestone Award for Allied Association Leadership awards program, which annually offers awards to U.S. hospital associations which offer exemplary medical care. A profile of Michigan Health & Hospital...