Statin Therapy and Decreased Incidence of Positive Candida Cultures Among Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Undergoing Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Statins and Diabetes: The Plot Thickens. Gastaldi, Giacomo; Philippe, Jacques // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Nov2015, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p1572
The article looks into the association between the use of statin therapy and the development of type 2 diabetes. The results of several studies, including a retrospective cohort study by researcher I. Mansi and colleagues, which examined such association are discussed. The author suggests that...
- Statin benefits outweigh risk of developing diabetes. // Pulse;2/24/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p11
The article explores the benefits of statins that outweigh the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- 398 Effect of statins on the course of CHF in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2005, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p88
An abstract of the article "Effect of Statins on the Course of CHF in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus," by G. Arutyunov and A. Beituganov is presented.
- Clinical briefs. // New Zealand Doctor;3/10/2010, p24
This section offers clinical news briefs including the role of statins in raising the relative risk of developing type 2 diabetes by nine percent, the risk posed by paroxetine to women taking tamoxifen for breast cancer, and the role of aspirin in helping women with breast cancer survive.
- Experts debate statin acceleration of type 2 diabetes development. // Endocrine Today;Mar2014, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p20
The article presents a discussion among medical experts on the issue of statin therapy and acceleration of type 2 diabetes.
- Role of Simvastatin as an Immunomodulator in Type 2 Diabetes. Petrou, Michelle; Gregoriades, Marialena; Vassiliou, Vassilios // Diabetes Care;Aug2004, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p2093
Presents a letter to the editor about the role of simvastatin as an immunomodulator in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Statins delay initiation of insulin in type 2 diabetes. // Geriatrics;Aug2002, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p35
Suggests that use of statins may delay the initiation of insulin therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes, according to a study presented at the annual meeting of the American Diabetes Association in June 2002 in San Francisco, California. Mechanism of action; Methodology; Interpretation of...
- Atorvastatin. // Reactions Weekly;7/9/2011, Issue 1359, p10
The article describes three cases of patients with a history of type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM) and dyslipidaemia who developed rhabdomyolysis while receiving treatment with atorvastatin.
- Statins linked to increased risk for type 2 diabetes. // Canadian Nursing Home;Jun/Jul2015, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p9
No abstract available.